Monday – Friday 6.30am – 15.30pm
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Technical Manager and QA Managers by assisting in the running of the QA team, ensuring that standards are maintained in line with external audit requirements. To support with customer complaint responses, reviewing and maintaining technical systems, statistical analysis and project work, as well as ensuring product is produced to high quality and customer standards and within safety, integrity and legality requirements.
Main duties include (but not limited to):
- Directly managing the site-based QAs, ensuring strong leadership and direction is provided to achieve and maintain a single vision for the technical team
- Building relationships with other departments including production to support a ‘single team’ approach.
- Managing day to day issues with the production teams and ensuring appropriate actions are taken and documented where deviations from specified controls occur.
- Providing production teams with effective trending of key data such as quality assessments so as to support continuous improvement.
- Reviewing microbiological results and implementing appropriate recommendations where high counts are seen.
- Assisting in new product trials and providing feedback of any key challenges early in the process.
- Developing specific paperwork and procedures required for new products prior to launch.
- Undertake such ad-hoc duties as maybe required to benefit the business.
- To always act in the best interest of Cranswick Country Foods.
- Guarantee competence in the operation and programming of all relevant machinery including metal detectors, Delfords and Hellenics.
- Ensure that all stock is fully checked at the end of each shift, dealing with any anomalies in a timely manner as and when they arise.
- Conduct monthly full traceability studies in line with company and customer requirements, reporting any faults to the Technical Manager or the QA Manager, as soon as possible.
- Assist the Technical Manager and the QA Manager with customer site visits and other third party audits.
- Ensure that all areas are appropriately staffed with the correct number of QA operatives in line with production requirements. Ensuring staffing levels are met when staff are sick or absent.
- Deliver on key performance indicators
- Carry out activities with full awareness of their impact on the environment, in terms of people and the local area
- Objectively assess the team’s performance and develop improvement plans
Requirements, experience and person specification:
- Actively promotes and communicates appropriate health and safety behaviours and environmental awareness
- Ensures that the department operates to the correct working standard
- Effective labour resource planning
- Able to cope under pressure and flex with production peaks, ensuring the team are supported and achieve their objectives
- Effective management of Department Supervisors to ensure that key business objectives are met
- Level 3 Food Safety
If you are an internal applicant, please ensure you have made your line manager aware before applying and confirm this when submitting your application.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV to: CCF.Careers@cranswick.co.uk Closing date: 1st July 2020