My client is a well established freight company based locally to the Heathrow area recruited for a TRANSPORT MANAGER to join their team.
Daily duties will include:
- Monitoring booking and transport planning operations to ensure a high-quality service
- Assisting transport planning team with daily tasks
- Monitoring department performance, driving improvement and resolving queries and issues as they arise.
- Monitoring staff sickness/ holiday
- Allocating tasks to the team
- Liaising with drivers and customers
- Briefing and debriefing drivers
- Quoting customers
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Previous experience overseeing a team
- Previous route planning experience
- Excellent knowledge of the freight and transport industry
- Excellent communication skills
Monday - friday 0630am - 1500pm ( Extra hours may be required must be flexible)