As the Junior Resource Planner you'll ensure the delivery of scheduling solutions in the distribution of shift patterns across the contact centre and ensure the delivery of all relevant service metrics and KPI’s whilst maintaining maximum optimisation.
The Junior Resource Planner will be responsible for accurately forecasting demand across multiple contact channels to ensure we meet the required service level agreements to our customers.
The successful candidate will proactively deliver schedules, monitor real-time demand and service levels, track planned and unplanned absence and produce reports in the form of daily, weekly, and monthly scorecards to assist the Customer Service Leadership Team with managing performance against KPIs.
- Establish and deliver a resource planning approach using historic data to forecast demand and resource requirements – medium & long term.
- Use existing systems to help manage resources against demand on a real-time basis.
- Maintain staff activities and records on the WFM system and assign / maintain shift plans, identifying any shortfalls in staffing levels to Resource, Planning & Insight Manager and Operations team.
- Working within budget, use workforce management tools to optimise resource planning and scheduling processes to achieve service levels.
- Forecast demand and resource requirements within a complex and constantly evolving back office order management function.
- Ensure operational shrinkage is well understood by all stakeholders and planned for (e.g. new starter induction planning, product training, personal development).
- Track planned and unplanned absence and produce reports in the form of daily, weekly and monthly scorecards to assist the Leadership Team with managing performance against KPI’s.
- Collect, prepare and deliver reporting on a regular and an ad-hoc basis, and make recommendations to the Leadership team on enhancing operational efficiency, Agent skill levels and utilisation, and customer experience.
- Carry out strategic resource planning tasks.
- Support the accuracy of payroll input for the department.
- Manage overtime requirement where contracted hours are insufficient to meet demand.
- Work alongside Continuous Improvement team to identify efficiencies in telephony system.
- Some experience of a planning/analytical role within a multichannel contact centre environment.
- Strong Excel skills required (able to create macros, create pivot tables and apply common excel functions i.e. Vlookup, Index and Match etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
- An understanding of contact centres and systems.
- Creative, responsive and adaptive in a dynamic environment.
- Aptitude and desire to learn new competencies and skills.
- Experience of managing schedules and/or forecasts.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Confident presentation skills when demonstrating data to management.
- The ability to work under pressure, in a fast paced and demanding environment and to ensure strict deadlines are met.
- Possesses a personable, energetic style with a positive "can-do" attitude and a high level of attention to detail.
Desirable, But Not Essential
- Experience of using a WFM tool, preferably Calabrio Teleopti Workforce Management
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Office 365 Experience