Freightserve recruitment are looking to recruit a Transport Manager for a busy Freight company based in the Heathrow area. The role will require the person to have experience with Supervising / Managing a Freight Transport operation.
- Ensure all vehicles and drivers are fully compliant
- Ensure all vehicle defects and driver infringements are addressed in correct time frames and in line with regulations
- Control and reduce operational costs
- Maximise efficiencies within the transport operation
- Help develop commercial opportunities
- Ensure concise and accurate accounting; agency costs, repair costs etc are visible, correct and approved accordingly
- Train and mentor - share experience and skill set and ensure all transport employees complete required mandatory training
- Support senior manager as and when required
- Effectively manage drivers and transport planners, provide support and leadership to warehouse as and when required
- Provide 'hands on’ role within the transport section
- Complete SOPs/SWPs/RAs for all aspects of transport operation
- Maintain a clean and tidy fleet - all drivers to wear uniform
- Maintain CPC and any associated qualifications for the role of Transport Operations Manager
- Ensure all administrative responsibilities of role are maintained - rosters, disciplinaries, holiday/sickness recording etc.
As an agency we are fast becoming the number one Freight specialist in the Heathrow area. We have a fast growing reputation with most Heathrow Freight related companies. Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry.