Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow. About the opportunity
Our Buildings & Infrastructure line of business has access to 10,000 professionals across the globe. Our team of engineers, designers and planners work to deliver projects in Transport Planning, Roads, Rail, Bridges, Geotechnical, Project Management, Security Services, Building Structures & Services and Asset Management Planning.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Structural Draftsperson for our Perth team. The purpose of this role is to provide structural engineering drafting and contribute to successful project delivery within the Structural Engineering Section with a particular focus on Bridges, 3D (Revit) drafting and BIM implementation as well as other structures. Your primary responsibility will involve the delivery of a wide range of bridge and structural engineering design and drawing deliverables for building, transport and general civil engineering infrastructure projects.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Scope and plan bridge / structural drafting inputs to projects of various sizes
- Produce standard details and typical drawings for review and approval by Jacobs engineers and the client, so as to set the ground rules for the roll out of the design
- Work with design engineers to ensure all design drawings for engineering project work comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies, practices and QA requirements
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs drawings for engineering projects and ensure project work complies with conditions and parameters set out by Jacobs and the owner's requirements for operability, maintainability, expandability, sustainability, safety, legislative compliance and the project scope of works
- Provide high quality, practical documentation solutions that are free of error or omission, complies with statutory and regulatory requirements as well as company policies and practices
- Assist with the development of the technical capability of junior and intermediate members of the bridge design team, including cadet drafters
The successful applicant should possess the following skills and experience:
- Competent AutoCAD, MicroStation and Revit user.
- Experience in the documentation of a variety of bridge projects, but broad structural drafting experience including building and functional infrastructure will be well regarded
- Strong knowledge of bridge and structural drafting principles and standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of documentation within budget, program and quality constraints.
- Experience working directly with Delivery Partners (contractors) is preferable
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive track record in client management and development in consulting. Ability to build & maintain strong client & team relationships.
- Experience in planning and execution to achieve business goals.
We reflect our clients' diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You'll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs. It's a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures.
Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link below.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.