Stivichall Primary School in Coventry are seeking a hard-working, resourceful, reliable and passionate Digital Advocate Teaching Assistant to support with IT support and the development and delivery of the Computing Curriculum.
This demanding and exciting role will involve every aspect of supporting, maintaining and maximising technology to enable successful implementation of the digital curriculum for teachers and pupils.
The main aspects of the role will involve providing IT support, preparation of equipment (including educational technology), and working and communicating effectively with children and their teachers throughout a range of activities. You will be supported to achieve your digital apprentice award. You will be required to create and deliver lunchtime and after school clubs related to digital technology.
As part of Stivichall Primary School, the successful candidate will work within a highly motivated and knowledgeable department of teaching staff. All training will be provided by education trainers, subject experts, and administrative staff dedicated to transforming teaching and learning inside and outside the classroom using educational technology.
‘Learning at Stivichall is a passport for life’
Stivichall Primary School is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2016) with aspects of outstanding provision. It is a forward-thinking and innovative school with a well-designed and effective curriculum. We pride ourselves on providing memorable learning experiences that enable our pupils to excel.
On our journey to 'Outstanding', we aim to enhance our wider curriculum further including IT and Digital Technology. This is where the new role becomes essential. We want staff and pupils to feel confident and motivated to use digital technologies in an innovative and creative way.
Why work at Stivichall Primary School?
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in the transformation of teaching and learning from Good to Outstanding
- You can enhance what you learn during your training programme by sharing your knowledge with a highly motivated team of exceptionally experienced and talented teachers who are willing to develop their confidence and understanding of technology in the classroom
- You will have the advantage of using the latest educational technology with selected partners such as Microsoft, Google and Smart Technologies
- You can develop both your IT and Teaching skills in a busy school environment with lots of opportunity for career progression
Your training will be provided by Primary Goal, an award-winning training provider specialising in the digital industries.
As part of this opportunity, you will learn:
- The most common digital office technologies, including collaborative tools, that are used by organisations for internal and external communications
- Modern digital infrastructure, including computer systems fundamentals, including physical, virtual and cloud; physical systems including hardware peripherals; operating software and software devices; servers; the internet of things; networking fundamentals; virtualisation technologies and cloud
- The importance of and the technologies for backing up data securely
- How to apply the processes and procedures for the secure handling of data
- The concepts and fundamentals of data, including searching, storing, integrating and organising data; the key features and functions of information systems; data formats and their importance for analysis; data entry and maintenance; visualisation and presentation of data, data modelling, relationship modelling and data analysis to identity trends and insights
- The organisational importance of information security and its management including following policies and procedures and key legislative requirements
- The major types of threats and risk that apply to any organisation with a working understanding of those that apply to their role and the associated best practice for their own secure working
- Operational aspects of risk including maintaining steady/state business as usual security principals for individuals and systems including personal data, access identity management. encryption and passwords
- The individual and company risks, responsibilities and requirements in relation to legislation, professional ethics, privacy and confidentiality and the implications for their role
- The principles behind an organisation’s digital presence and delivery and the techniques required to maintain this and how to represent and safeguard the brand and reputation in relation to the digital offer
- How best to communicate using the different digital communication channels and how to adapt appropriately to different audiences
- The limitations and extent of the internet to be able to connect to, research, locate and access information securely
- How to plan and organise own learning activities to maintain and develop digital skills
- The importance of effective time management and the need to prioritise effectively
- The need for continuous improvement with the application and use of digital technologies and how this benefits the organisation
- Awareness of current, emerging and fringe digital technologies and how this benefits the organisation
You will also be taught:
- The most common productivity software applications used to create, update, edit, manage, analyse and present data and information and best working processes
- The main features and benefits of digital information systems and how these are used to maintain information and to support service delivery and best working practices
- The basic working practices for productive use and maintenance of business hardware, software and networks
- Agile methodologies and working practices, continuous innovation with continuous development (CIDC)
- How organisations incorporate digital technologies into key business functions, such as finance, sales and marketing, operations and HR and the implications for their role
- How to assist with digital operations and digital change projects
- How to train and support internal colleagues to make the best use of the organisation’s technology-based productivity tools
- The features and key differences between different data storage systems including the cloud and databases
As a Primary Goal apprentice, you will have access to:
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 Digital Application Technician apprenticeship standard with 15 half-day training sessions
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
Being part of the Primary Goal community will give apprentices access to a range of other apprentices (with varying levels of experience) who can share good practice and offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
Apprentices will have access to specialist industry partners for technology on hand to provide advice and support, access to resources and themed training days.
The Primary Goal portal is an online dashboard that will provide apprentices with a knowledge base to access information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
Given the work involved working with young children in a school setting, all offers are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or functional skills level 2 in English and Maths.
Hours of duty:
Monday-Friday term time only
Mon-Thurs: 8.30-11.30; 11.30-12pm lunch; 12.30-4.30
Friday: 8.30-11.30; 11.30-12pm lunch; 12.30-4pm
Starting salary is £17,364 pro-rata
Term time only, 35 hours per week
2-year course with full-time position confirmed on completion
We will require a copy of your CV. When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.
Powered by JazzHR