Centrica Energy Marketing & Trading is the trading arm of Centrica. We trade gas, power and LNG and provide the route to market for our upstream and power generation operations.
We provide our clients with the best route-to-market services available to the market today, integrating sophisticated software, trading and structuring and optimizing exposures all the way from long term risk management down to physical trading seconds before delivery. In EM&T we have a diversified portfolio of energy assets under management, and we represent the new generation of energy traders, leading our customers to value on low-carbon, digital energy markets across the World. Around 600 people work for EM&T in our offices in London, Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Singapore.
In this role, you are the subject matter expert with regards to complex, exotic / structured / Asset trades and business activities for Product Control. You will have daily interaction with trading as well as other control and support functions across the business.
The Job role:
P&L Reporting & Explanation
- Daily P&L, position and risk reporting on an accurate, timely and meaningful basis for trading books
- Producing daily P&L explanation to verify and signoff the reported P&L and liaison with traders to reconcile any differences
- Provision of clear and concise commentary to explain daily P&L movements
- Gain an in-depth understanding of trading strategies run by the desks
- Review new trades, understand the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them
- Monthly reconciliations with Finance to ensure accuracy of numbers reported and to identify and resolve any differences to the GL and be able to fully substantiate reconciling items.
- Weekly and monthly reporting including commentary on P&L and position movements
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis for Product Control and other departments, in particular Risk and Finance.
Product Control Projects
- Assist in the strategic build out of new P&L reporting and P&L explanation by helping to review current state and sources of data/calculations in order to successfully identify the gaps that exist in reaching the target state
- Review and documentation of complex trades and structured deals
- Understanding and documentation of FX reporting rules applied in P&L production, so assessment can be made of changes required
- Development and documentation of systems knowledge, in particular trade life cycles across the various P&L valuation and reporting systems
- Working on ad hoc projects.
- New Business request input
- Share knowledge (both existing and newly gained from above projects) and help train other members of the wider Product Control team.
- Qualified accountant with a strong working knowledge of a trading businesses balance sheet
- Product Control experience with a strong background within a trading business and experience with commodities products (Swing Contracts, Options, Futures, etc)
- Knowledge for Physical Gas and Power
- A strong understanding of trade Valuations & Risk factors (Delta, Vega, Gamma, etc)
- Proficiency in MS Excel with strong macro (VBA) knowledge
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Effective communication, sense of accountability and ownership of deliverables
- Team Player
- Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.