Bluebird Care Peterborough & Rutland is the only CQC rated 'Outstanding' homecare and live in care provider in Peterborough, Oundle & Stamford, supplying a range of services to enable vulnerable, mainly older, people to remain living independently in their own homes and away from residential care.
We have opportunities for Live-in Carers to provide support and encouragement to enable vulnerable adults throughout the Peterborough area to lead independent lives within the comfort & security of their own homes.
- Live-in Care Assistants live in the homes of their customers, who provide for their accommodation and meal
- Pay is £550 - £650 per week, though can be more for Complex/Higher Dependency packages or Couples
- The duration of placements can vary though most people work on a rotational basis (for example 1 month on/2 weeks off)
- Every customer will have a personalised care plan tailored to them: this will include personal care and hygiene, food prep, medication, shopping, housework and social support
- Working hours are typically 8-10 hours per day, though may vary in the case of Complex/High Dependency packages or Couples (which attract a premium rate); all Live-in Carers are afforded daily 2-hour breaks
- If regular night support is required, this will be provided by a second carer; Live-in Carers are not required to be regularly on-call throughout the night (though may be expected to assist on occasion)
It is important to understand that our Live-in Care Assistants are employed directly by us and we undertake all Employer's obligations regrading tax, insurance and training. As our employees, they also benefit from support and regular visits from a designated Live-in Care Supervisor never more than a few miles away. These are not isolated postings.
- Previous experience of Live in care work, this could be by professionally (e.g. Nurse) or voluntary (e.g. caring for a relative) is preferred.
- Vocational qualification/s such as QCF Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care is preferred thought it is not essential if you have experience. Attitude and willingness to learn is key.
- It is essential that you are able to communicate in clear English with someone who may be confused or hard-of-hearing
- You must be able to come cleanly through an enhanced UK and/or International DBS (criminal record) screening
- Your efforts will be very important to those for whom you Care: more than anything you must be patient, empathetic, calm and conscientious. This is extremely satisfying work for the right kind of person
We operate in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, South Lincolnshire, Rutland & East Northants, so candidates should ideally be based in and around these regions, though applicants from further afield will be considered.
Anyone who does not genuinely care about the welfare of vulnerable people will not be suitable for this role.
- To be a caring person, passionate about making a positive difference to people
- Come cleanly through an enhanced DBS background check (or online DBS update)
- Be able to communicate in clear English with someone who may be confused or hard of hearing
- Have 1 years experience in Live in Care or have an NVQ 2 or equivalent in Health & Social Care
Some of our benefits include:
pay that will reward your hard work and resourcefulness
Enrolment onto our pension scheme
Training and development opportunities
Career development and qualifications
On-going NVQ funding
28 days holiday per year