Head of Development
Leading, forming, developing and inspiring high-performing product development teams
i6 Group is a global, fast growing software business developing software and equipment for the aerospace industry. We have developed the broadest, fully functioned cloud-based solutions next-generation management and mobile platform for aviation fuelling and business aviation and are expanding our operations from the UK across Europe, India, Canada, USA and Australia. We work with the world’s largest airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, JetBlue, Delta, Air Canada and Lufthansa and all the major fuel suppliers at many major airports around the world.
The company is looking for a people focused, highly committed, energetic, personally motivated and inspiring software development leader to lead and inspire our development teams to be the best they can be as well as to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate in a highly effective manner with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately and effectively.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends, familiar with a variety of business concepts and an excellent communicator both internally and externally to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the software development team into highly effective, goal-oriented, autonomous teams with a strong commitment to the team’s performance and meeting commitments
- Proactively identify, own and drive initiatives to improve the performance of the Business
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Ensure all members of the team are developed and challenged to achieve their best
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Own and develop product development quality assurance and data protection processes to meet business objectives as well as ISO9001 and ISO27001 and SOC2.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and shareholders
- Work with other Management Team members to drive cross functional projects
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Create the environment so that people fulfill their potential in the short and long term
- Lead and inspire the software development team to achieve the business objectives
- Able to develop and coach the development teams within the business using Agile practices
- Ability to determine strategic plans and convert these into implementations.
- Innovator, passionate, accountable and solution focused.
- Strong communicator in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
- Conscientious and able to work diligently on your own initiative.
- An interest in aviation, aviation refuelling and the application of technology to these markets
- A thirst for knowledge.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A deep understanding of agile & lean mindsets
- Experience building and leading autonomous highly motivated teams
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Highly competent with software and technology
- Experience working within the aviation industry.
- Proven experience as a Head of Software Development or similar leadership role
- Leader of large teams
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Remuneration: £ Negotiable on experience/skills
- Full time position (09:00-17:30, Mon-Fri, flexible hours)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Healthcare - VitalityHealth
- Pension scheme - 5% company contribution
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Regular team quiz night and games night
- Quarterly social events such as Top Golf, bowling, escape rooms
- Team meals
- Lunchtime Running Club
Job Location: Farnborough Airport, Farnborough, Hants. (Shuttle bus available from Farnborough Station and plenty of on-site parking). Flexible working encouraged
Job Type: Full-time
Powered by JazzHR