This is a fantastic opportunity in Darlington for an experienced Order to Cash Manager.
You will lead a team of 16 individuals who are responsible for collections on a global scale. You will use your sharp analytical skills to strategically target outstanding payments, and you will create and present creditreports for different stakeholders.
This is a very unique position, as you will work as a Business Partner to various Finance and Customer Leaders across the EMEA region. Customer Service takes precedence in your role, and you will work towards building key relationships that will allow your team to collect funds efficiently and in a timely manner. This is a very visible role within the business, so you will have exposure on an international level.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways;
- Lead a team that processes Accounts Receivable transactions. The team includes an AR Leader, 2 Supervisors and a team of Accounts Receivable Assistants. Ensure that the team continue to operate in the established accounting policies of the business.
- Analyse records of amounts owed to Cummins. Collaborate with our Customer Leaders to establish a strategic approach that will ensure prompt collection of payments and maintain an excellent relationship with our customers.
- Review our work methods and procedures, considering the impacts of any changes on the overallorganisation;developing and implementing changes to improve the efficiency of the accounts receivable department.
- Be Accountable for the balance sheet reconciliations for the Accounts Receivable function and ensure all aged items are dealt with as per Corporate policies.
- Be Accountable for the SOx controls and ensure SOx compliance for the Accounts Receivable function.
- Act as a point of escalation for complex, uncollectable debt, non-routine accounts receivable issues and problems.
- Proactively represent the Accounts Receivable department for the Annual Operating Plan, providing input.
- Coach and mentor the supervisors and team; providing clear direction on problems and issues; delegating work assignments considering employee skills and their development needs.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- The mindset of a Business Partner - you have a collaborative working style, and you communicate in a way that conveys a clear understanding of the needs of the business.
- Substantial experience in Accounts Receivable and/ or Credit Control is required to be considered for this position.
- To be an influential leader who can lead by example and motivate people to achieve critical targets by working smartly and collaboratively.
- To be highly methodical, with a solution-led mindset.
- To be an advocate for change and implement your ideas in how we can streamline processes and procedures.
- To be data driven with exceptional analytical skills to solve problems and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Degree qualified in Accounting would be highly beneficial, or a professional qualification such as AAT or CIMA/ACCA would also be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary between £54,501 and £66,600 depending on experience.
- Defined contribution pension scheme - company contributions up to 9%
- Annual bonus plan - target 12% (based upon company performance)
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan - support towards medical, optical and dental costs
- Health screening
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Employee discount scheme - covering 100's of retailers
- Family-friendly policies
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Centenary House
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Jun 29, 2020, 7:31:48 PM
Unposting Date Jul 30, 2020, 8:59:00 AM Req ID: 200000ZM