Managing Director (£90,000 - £110,000)
Our client is a market-leading provider of bespoke, engineered products to a global customer base operating in offshore and industrial markets. They have a very strong brand and are recognised as the go-to organisation for quality in their industry.
The Role & Responsibilities
The Managing Director will demonstrate a strong passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. They will inspire the business to achieve its goals; ensuring the continued progression and development of the organisation, its people and products.
Core duties will include:
- Devising company strategy across all business areas, working in conjunction with the board and senior management team, in order to deliver profitable business growth
- Ensuring that company policies and financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and enable future growth
- Coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, investments and acquisitions as appropriate
- Presenting annual accounts to investors and the Board of Directors
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Managing Director who has previously operated as a Finance Director with a strong cost control background. They will be a qualified accountant, ideally holding a CIMA qualification, or will have had extensive hands-on experience and responsibility for company finances.
Candidates currently operating as a Finance Director who are looking to step into their first MD role will also be of interest.
Required skills & experience:
- A strong track record of success operating in a senior leadership capacity within commercially demanding and competitive engineering/manufacturing environments
- Extensive experience of budget preparation and budgetary control in an international environment, possessing the ability to understand the numbers and not just read them
- Strong commercial acumen, exceptional written and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of how to run a business, and be comfortable functioning at both a strategic and operational level
The business is part of a well-established and successful group and is well-positioned for further growth and success, but it will require astute commercial and strategic leadership in order to fulfill this potential.