We are seeking creative and caring people to join our children's home in Northwich as a Senior Residential Support Worker. Our home is a 3 bed children's home providing support for children and young people aged 8 - 18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Because we want you to get off to the best start with us, we are giving you £250 when you first start with us, and then when you are settled in in 6 months’ time we will give you an extra £250 for your hard work.
As a Senior Residential Support Worker you will:-
- Be a key member of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people
- Build good relationships with both service users and their families and external agencies, supporting them in the planning of goals, daily routine and in living as independently as possible
- Participation in activities, positive behaviour support and accurate recording and reporting of the day are key tasks for the role, so energy and initiative is vital.
Skills & Knowledge
- Hold a relevant Level 3 qualification in Children & Young Peoples Workforce or Children's Residential Care
- Have previous experience of working with children and young people with challenging behaviour
- Hold a full driving license for at least three years
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organisational capability
- Good IT capabilities and writing skills to accurately record and report daily events and activities
- Be flexible to work a shift rota system that will include compulsory sleep ins and some weekends and bank holidays.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
If you have been affected by coronavirus, or are tired of working from home we have care and education roles available across the country on a temp, part-time and full time basis.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
*Current employees, those referred by employees or an agency are not eligible for the joining bonus.