Injection Moulding Technician
£28,000 - £35,000
Our client based in Fareham requires an Injection Moulding Setter Technician, various shifts available.
Day shift: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am – 1.30pm
Double Days: 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm alternating weekly
Night Shift: Monday – Thursday 7pm – 7am (25% uplift)
Key responsibilities will be contributing to the commercial aims of the business through tool development, polymer selection, production quality improvement, and continuous improvement programs.
Experience with Negri Bossi, Engel and Boy presses up to 400T is essential for this role.
As Injection Moulding Setter Technician, your duties will include:
- Ensuring all existing jobs run using best practice to achieve optimum conditions and achieve commercial margins.
- Identifying route cause of problems and highlight to the relevant manager and/or apply the right corrective actions.
- Identifying actions and deliver results (in agreement with the Operations Manager) for continuous improvement opportunities of the production processes in order to reduce dependence on labour and improvement product yields.
- Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders any development processes to ensure smooth hand over of all new tooling into production.
- Ensuring all process data, working instructions and visual aids are maintained and fully up-to-date
- Ensuring that all risk assessment of all machinery and equipment is undertaken on a regular basis, with correct personnel against defined procedures.
- Assisting on customer sites for trials and development
- Identifying and reporting causes of tooling and plant failure, then inform appropriate departments for corrective actions to be implemented
Ideal Candidate will have:
- A solid track record within Injection Moulding, and likely to hold the job title of Injection Moulding Setter, Technician, or Process Engineer
- Experience with a range of machinery, robots, ancillary equipment, and materials
- Formal training by a recognised industry body such as G&A, BPTA, etc.
- Much experience within process optimisation to drive down costs by reducing scrap and improving processes.
- Experience of NPI and Tool trialling
- Experience of basic machine maintenance
- Experience in trouble shooting, including working with the machine room to resolve tooling issues.