A global market leading business in the technology industry with prestigious offices in Maidenhead are looking for an Internal Audit and Risk Manager to join their already large but growing finance team. This is an opportunity for someone to grow an Internal Audit & Risk team beneath them and grow in to a Head of Internal Audit with the next 12 months. The internal audit & risk function is developing fast within this business and requires someone to come in with a hands on approach to lead and drive forward the function. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career.
- Effectively lead audit teams to plan and execute audit work professionally and efficiently. Display leadership and project management skills to complete quality work on time with budgeted resources.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing by adopting appropriate communication styles to individuals at all levels of the organization and remaining open to disagreements or new ideas.
- Articulate an understanding of business areas under review, and demonstrate solid rationale for raising potential audit issues.
- Update Head of Internal Audit on audit progress and potential issues in a timely manner.
- Develop an open and honest working relationship with those being audited and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Share best practices, tools and testing methodologies with other team members, and contribute to departmental projects.
- Support audit operations including the scheduling of resources, risk assessments and liaising with co-source providers.
- Lead various audit related projects and initiatives to drive leading edge auditing techniques.
- ACA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Extensive professional experience; audit and risk related experience within a top 10 accounting firm and/or large corporation's internal audit department.
- Strong knowledge of risk/control frameworks
- IFRS experience;
- Experience of leading direct reports with excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Experience in working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of management.
- Willingness to travel globally 4-6 weeks per year