Purpose of the role
Perform air conditioning and general maintenance to both plant and building assets throughout a number of sites; specifically, but not limited to, gas & plumbing services, to ensure the continued full operation of all systems on site.
This is a mobile role covering the Stoke/Stafford area, the ideal candidate would be located in one of these areas.
- Undertake air conditioning and general maintenance, including reactive repairs, servicing of systems and other appliances, installations and associated works.
- Ability to complete statutory monthly PPM related tasks, outside of core skill set, as directed by the Service Desk.
- Undertake all tasks in line with current legislation and H&S Guidelines.
- Ensuring all assigned PPM’s are completed on time and in line with the agreed schedule.
- Comply with Interserve and customer policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance staff as and when required.
- Comply with all company procedures including adherence with all health and safety requirements
- Completion of required documentation as specified in relevant standards and regulations.
- Adherence to company security policies in relation to the use of IT equipment.
- Competent use of computers and mobile phones to receive and record work information, including hours worked, for each work request.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken within the job holders own level of demonstrated competence.
- Liaise with all Interserve staff to ensure standards are maintained in both work and administrative areas.
- Part of On Call rota to provide out of office support as and when required by management.
- Keep all plant / rooms / services enclosures clean, tidy safe and secure.
- Undertake any ad-hoc duties as required during the course of working shift.
- Be aware of Interserve Business Continuity Plan for area of business.
- Completion of any other task as directed by management.
Skills and Abilities
- Relevant Refrigerant & A/C qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- Full Driving Licence
- Valid Passport.
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently
- To be able to work on own initiative and as required, as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours as required.
- Ability to prioritise own and teams work load accordingly.
- Ability to communicate to a high degree both verbally and written.
- Operational knowledge of Permit to Work system.
- Confidence to work frequently at height following all necessary health and safety procedures this requires a good level of fitness to access the required areas by ladders.
- Writing and following risk and method statements is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
- To represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Responsible for self and others to maintain a safe working environment as per the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and subsequent UK and EU amendments.
- HSE management in accordance with our (Interserve) Quality Management System and all legal and statutory requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Due to contractual requirements, the ability to pass designated security clearances is a pre job offer requisite.