We are seeking a customer focused, experienced, and organized Bar Supervisor to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in handling the day-to-day operations of the bar and staff. You will supervise, train, and schedule employees, and ensure all health and safety procedures are met. You will take the lead on booking club functions and will contribute to the overall success of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure bar space follows all licensing requirements and health and safety guidelines
• Run the Club bars and serve customers as needed
• Ordering change from the bank as necessary
• Responsible for taking club bookings and helping to arrange functions
• Recruit, train, and supervise new bar staff
• Maintain stock levels and order supplies when necessary
• Address customer enquiries and complaints
• Order snack products and cleaning supplies on a weekly/bi-weekly basis, and purchase occasional emergency supplies
• To draw up staffing rotas at least one month in advance, with particular reference to functions/holiday cover/emergency sickness cover
• Ensure the kitchens are cleaned after use
• General cleaning of the club premises, including toilet facilities, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout
• Receive and register existing Club memberships, process new membership applications.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties from time to time, including a requirement to work during the day for various functions.
Normal opening hours:
Monday to Friday: Doors open 7pm, last orders 11.45pm
Saturday: 3pm – last orders 11.45pm
Sunday: 1.30pm – last orders 7.45pm
These times can be altered for club functions and events.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Legally able to serve alcohol
• Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and stay cool under pressure
• 3+ years of experience working in as a bartender, server, or manager in a restaurant environment
• Be enthusiastic, customer-focused and work within deadlines set to meet business and customer demands
• Exceptional service standards and attention to detail
• We welcome creative ideas and require an energetic approach.
Job Title: Bar Supervisor
Working Hours: 35 hours per week usually over 5 shifts
Likely days of work are Monday, Thursday,
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus functions and
events as required
Rate of Pay: £10.50 per hour, and overtime paid at basic rate
To be paid monthly on completion of timesheet.
Other benefits to be discussed at interview.