The Domestic Assistant is part of the care team and as such works
with other staff and maintains a clean and safe environment for all
Service Users and staff.
- Promote the Company Mission Statement at all times.
- Ensure the Home’s furniture, furnishings and fittings are
- Ensure all surfaces of floors, walls and ceilings are sufficiently clean.
- Clean carpets when necessary.
- Empty wastebaskets and yellow/black bins daily ensuring that waste
is disposed of safely in line with the requirements.
- Clean all internal windows monthly.
- Clean all bedrooms thoroughly once a week on a rota basis. Ensure
that the communal areas are cleaned daily.
- Ensure all sinks, en-suites, bathrooms and toilets are cleaned daily.
- Chemicals must be stored in line with the COSHH requirements.
- Re-stock paper products and dispensers.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in relation to the relevant
data protection legislation.
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with Service Users, relatives
and be polite and courteous to all visitors.
- Ensure safe use of equipment and report any defects to the Person
- Report incidents involving Service Users, staff or visitors
immediately to the Person in Charge.
- Complete cleaning schedules as required.
- To attend staff meetings as required.
- Understand the importance of correct record management and own
personal responsibilities in maintaining this through passwords,
storage of documentation, and sharing information ( both paper based
or on electronic systems).
- Report breeches of records security to line manager or the
- To be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and your own
responsibilities under this Act.
- To participate in training programs which may be required either
by law or Company Policy.
- To report for duty at the correct time in accordance with off duty
rota. Endeavour to cover colleagues’ duties in times of sickness and holidays.
- To report for duty in a clean, tidy uniform and following the
dress code as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- To abide by the Home’s Employee Handbook and Company Policies and Procedures.
- To be flexible and adaptable in participating in other jobs which
are necessary for the smooth running of the home and the safety of
the Service Users.
- To have an understanding of requirements detailed in Health and
Social Care Act 2008 in line with standards set by the Regulators.
- Support the Care Manager with the Home’s marketing plan
- Promote, ensure and maintain the good reputation of the Care Home
and the Company.
- Ensure that the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
- Comply with company policy and procedure in relation to infection
control and prevention.
- To work within the company's Information Governance policies in
order maintain security of personal and sensitive data
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise
tasks and communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Demonstrate care and compassion.
- Team player.
- Required to work in a physically and mentally demanding environment.