Medway Council are recruiting for a Team manager to join the childrens services Team
Salary: Up to £52,176 per annum (inclusive of market premia)
Location: Broadside, Leviathan Way, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4LL
Following our Ofsted inspection in July 2019, Medway has taken positive steps on our improvement journey by remodelling and realigning services across Children's Social Care that enable us to meet our key priorities and ensure we better meet the needs of vulnerable children in Medway.
To manage the transformation a significant investment has been made in the workforce including training and development, with a clear practice framework of 'Signs of Safety', career progression and physical working conditions. Target caseloads have been designed to ensure that the service as a whole is resilient and that a sustainable workforce can be achieved, enabling Medway to work towards an Ofsted rating of 'Good'.
As a Team Manager you will lead a team of 6 social workers and a Family Worker, working alongside early help and social work colleagues and partners.
You will have significant social work experience, be able to evidence good leadership skills and a proven track record of delivering good outcomes for children, young people and their families.
You will hold a degree in social work and be registered with Social Work England. You will also be able to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge and experience of working with children in a statutory setting and ideally have experience of working with 'Signs of Safety' or a similar strengths and relationships based practice framework.
In return for your commitment, Medway is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
* Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum
* Career progression scheme to support your continuous professional development
* Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car following completion of probationary period
* Free car parking
* Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
* Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
* Access to a comprehensive training programme
Benefits of working with Service care solutions
Free Payroll Service*
SCS will fund the £9 a week fee via ARCH Umbrella company! if you secure a Qualified Social worker role.
Candidate Referral Bonus
SCS offer £250 for every Qualified Social Worker you refer over to us!
(£150 after 6 weeks in the assignment and £100 after completing 12 weeks)
Find your own job bonus
SCS will offer £150 to Qualified Social Workers sourcing their own job and referring it to the agency you must be placed in the role for 4weeks before payment can be made!
Permanent Qualified Social Worker Bonus*
If you are placed in to a permanent position by SCS we will pay £250 after you have completed 12 weeks in the role!
SCS will pay up to £250 each year to help with your Continuing Professional Development
Loyalty Reward Scheme
SCS will pay a "Thank you" bonus to Qualified Social Workers after each 12-month period they complete with SCS.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Delanie Heyes at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Delanie.Heyes@servicecare.org.uk
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.