- 37.5 hours per week
- £16,500 - £18,000 pa DOE
- Working in a Primary School setting
- CPD training provided
- Multiple career progression routes
- Joining a team of like-minded people
***Please include a cover letter, applications without will not be considered***
Personal situation and attributes
Delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate and articulate that they have a clear passion and drive to inspire young people through sport and physical activity.
- Meet outcomes and results with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on expectations for high-quality standards.
- Critically assess own performance in a mature and credible manner.
- Deal with a range of different situations.
- Be reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Be an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Articulate themselves in a professional well-presented and professional manner at all times.
- Drive and have access to own transport and is sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Motivate and instil confidence in others, have a presence and be able to get on with others and be a team player.
- No criminal convictions or cautions.
Knowledge & Understanding and Literacy & Numeracy Skills:
Delegates must hold relevant certification and be able to understand:
- The National Curriculum and education landscape.
- Ofsted and the characteristics of who and what they represent.
- A range of physical activity ideas and inclusion strategies.
- Must have GCSE A-C in both Literacy and Numeracy or equivalent.
- Basic business finance, cash flow, accounting for money taken and comparisons.
- Must be literate and be able to communicate both orally and manually using appropriate and correct grammar and language.
- How to communicate with different audiences using excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Commercial responsibilities and have some understanding of sales.
- How they can use listening and questioning skills to challenge and gain information.
- Be creative and possess the ability to maximise opportunities presented when dealing with customers.
All applicants must hold the essential qualifications or equivalent below, it is also relevant for applicants to hold or be working towards the desirable qualifications. Training and additional qualifications will be offered dependent on experience and ability to meet the required competencies and skills required.
- Hold a minimum NGB Level 2 coaching certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Child Protection certificate
- DBS or CRB certificate
- Hold the Level 3 Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport certificate
- Hold a Coaching or Sports Degree
- Multi-Skills Development in Sport Level 2 award
- Coaching Disabled performers
Delegates must be able to:
- Use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word
- Understand basic databases using programmes such as Excel
- Access internet and email.
Requirements for the Role
Applicants will be asked to send in a small video via Whatsapp to discuss why they feel the job role would suit them and what experience you may have. If successful you will be asked to attend a practical session followed by an interview.