WHAT DRIVES US...
We're proudly at the heart of the UK's critical internet infrastructure. Leading the charge in cyber security, as we explore and pioneer new tech.
We do this to enable connectivity, inclusivity and security for our world - and create a vibrant digital future.
That's what drives us - and the kind of people we want to work with.
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including a 10% bonus, 28 days holidays, Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Wellbeing allowance, Flex benefits and onsite fitness classes and studio.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
As a Project Manager at Nominet you will be part of an experienced and high performing PMO, managing multiple complex concurrent projects / work streams (technical / infrastructure) across the business, and liaise with customers and other departments to facilitate successful project delivery.
- Support Project Executives/Sponsors in their roles.
- Manage projects across operational teams and often with a cross company impact.
- Provide project updates and highlight reports as required.
- Ensure project actions are completed, issues resolved, and decisions agreed in a timely way.
- Work with colleagues to devise project plans and schedules and determine the critical path.
- Devise detailed project specifications to agreed standards.
- Ensure that any technical project deliverables meet the business needs.
- Analyse and interpret information, both written and numeric and produce reports (i.e. tell us what is really going on).
- Identify, record, manage and track project risks and issues (i.e. think ahead).
- Work with project sponsors to put in place appropriate project governance and determine project roles and responsibilities.
- Track project resource requirements and identify any issues associated with resource availability.
- Manage and liaise with third party suppliers as required.
- Write documentation and customer facing communications.
- Work with the quality assurance team to draw up training and testing plans, co-ordinate and run training and testing as required.
- Provide presentations and occasional training within the company on project progress and new developments
- Likely to be PRINCE2 and Agile trained and / or to have good project management experience.
- Experience of business process mapping.
- Good communication skills. Good at listening, explaining things and group discussions.
- Good with customers. Good at building relationships and getting on with people.
- An ability to produce easily readable and well-structured text.
- Skilled in analysing and interpreting written and numerical information.
- Use of standard desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Project & Visio).
- Ability to multi-task and juggle lots of strands of work with differing priorities.
- Experience of many ways of working and dealing with many different types of people.
- Experience of managing technical / infrastructure projects would be extremely desirable.
If you are an experienced Project Manager with great customer relationship building skills and successfully managed technical / infrastructure projects, we invite you to apply and look forward to receiving your application.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/90336453