PART TIME SUPPORT WORKERS REQUIRED
YOU MUST HAVE A FULL MANUAL DRIVING LICENSE TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
24 - 30 HOURS PER WEEK - PART TIME ROLE
- Permanent Role based at one location
- Employed by a Respected and Specialist Care Provider
- £10.50 -11 per hour + company benefits
- Shifts are on a ROTA basis including some weekends
- Rota given 1 month in advance approx.
Rate of pay: £10.50 per hour days, £11.00 per hour waking nights, £64.00 per sleepover
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join a specialist care team. You would be required to work with a gentleman with a Spinal Cord Injury who is living in his family home in the Walsall area.
- All aspects of personal care will be required, along with bowel management and catheter care.
- Providing support and assistance with social outings, therapy appointments and business functions.
- Accompanying this gentleman for trips away from home.
- You will be required to assist with food preparation and general domestic tasks.
- You will also be required to provide pet care (feeding) on occasion to two cats.
- We are looking for candidates who are flexible, reliable, trustworthy, outgoing, proactive and enthusiastic.
- A full, manual driving licence is required and you must be confident to drive this gentleman's own vehicle
- Previous care experience in spinal cord injury would be advantageous but not essential, as you will be provided with specialist training in all areas.
- Shifts consist of day shifts 0900-2100 (12 hours) and 0900-1800 (9 hours) Waking night shifts 2100-0900 (12 hours). Ability to work long hours with flexibility is a must as shift patterns can vary on occasions.
- During your initial training period while you are becoming competent in this gentleman's care you will be required to cover day shifts and shadow night shifts.
- If required to travel away from home a 24 hour shift consist of a day shift and a sleep over period (number of hours/days can vary)
- In times of annual leave and sickness the team must be willing to cover other shifts therefore flexibility is essential
- You will be joining a team who are providing 24/7 support on a rota basis, including weekend and bank holiday working.
28 Days Holiday Pay, Company Sick Pay, Membership of a Health Cash Plan, Paid DBS checks, Double Time Pay on Bank Holidays, Payment to attend all Training,
About the employer:
This employer provide specialist care teams for individuals who live within their own homes. The client base is varied and includes Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury and other Neurological Conditions.
THIS IS NOT AN AGENCY JOB - IT IS A PERMANENT POSITION WORKING FOR A RESPECTED AND SPECIALIST CARE PROVIDER. Working in 1 location - the client's own home (no travelling between clients).