At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Key Account Manager to join us in Farnborough, U.K. In this role, you will own a mixture of enterprise customers, uncovering new opportunities to sell Red Hat's solutions, including the full family of Red Hat software, consulting, and cloud solutions. This is primarily a new business development role working in the commercial enterprise vertical. You'll identify, nurture, and close opportunities within a named set of customers. You'll work with internal and external virtual teams to develop new business through offerings and solutions that will serve the best interests of both our customers and Red Hat.
Primary job responsibilities
- Apply your understanding of customers' business and technology product needs to position Red Hat's solutions to them
- Establish yourself as a trusted point of contact
- Create strategic and tactical plans for new business development; map and communicate sales approaches to the extended team of presales, partner, services, and renewals teams to win projects
- Maximize revenue and growth; meet performance and sales goals
- Forecast and close sales in line with company goals
- Coordinate and run demand generation campaigns in your territory
- Host customer and partner meetings
- Send proposals and quotes of specific solutions to gain new customers, and upsell and cross-sell into existing accounts; be responsible for all administration activities within your customer base
- Ability to focus on acquiring new customers and projects and manage existing customers
- Understanding of the complete sales cycle management from prospecting to closing
- Solutions sales mentality combined with a new business focus in an environment with multiple solutions and services
- Confidence in customer situations and ability to enable others by leading by example
- Ability to work both as part of a team and on your own and to make decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated success in a similar technology or software sales position
- Demonstrated record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Motivated and goal-oriented with a positive outlook and clear focus on delivering high-quality service to our customers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) system like Salesforce.com (SFDC)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.