1. Plan and create the marketing communication asset to achieve the IMC(Integrated Marketing Communication) strategy. 2. Develop the execution strategy to ensure that the marketing communication asset is used organically and multi-dimensionally at all touch points.
Role and Responsibilities:
We are on a mission to be socially and culturally relevant and to develop deeper relationships with consumers (and potential consumers) by telling impactful stories and partnering with the right people and organisations to help make our stories travel and land.
The PR & Comms team is responsible for protecting and enhancing Samsung’s corporate reputation in the UK, through high profile earned media opportunities, partnerships and experiences.
This role sits in the PR & Comms team, working to identify and execute Cross Divisional Marketing initiatives, partnerships, and ensure Sponsorship opportunities are executed flawlessly to increase Brand Affinity, Proud to Own metrics and Product Consideration.
What are the main areas of responsibility for this role?
Business lead on cross-category sponsorship and partnership activations. Strategic creation, holistic planning and leading the development of compelling activations that land business objectives with real appeal, benefit/ value to consumers. Developing the right comms and marketing approach for each activation or event, and ensuring the rest of the marketing functions across SEUK are engaged as relevant. In collaboration with the wider central and cross category marketing teams, lead the development of paid, earned and owned communications for activations. Measurement and optimisation: Drive and monitor awareness, footfall, engagement and dwell time.
Brand Partnerships / Sponsorships:
Define framework and principles for effective partnerships to increase Brand Affinity. Owning and developing and the central partnership strategy. Develop, execute and lead the UK partnership activation program and calendar in alignment with the overall marketing objectives. In collaboration with the wider central and divisional marketing teams lead the development of paid, earned and owned communications to support and generate awareness, bring relevance and credibility. Manage all contract/heads of terms to agree partnership deliverables. Leading the collaboration (including negotiation and strategic alignment) with partners to drive credible distinction and anchor Samsung in culturally relevant moments. Working with our HQ/Global teams to investigate proposed Global Sponsorships and Partnerships, and identify any local market opportunities for SEUK. Create and lead partnership propositions (internal and external) to establish exchange of benefits and to meaningfully integrate and activate within their campaign plans. Review and assess new opportunities for the business at a cross category level that can deliver mutual value that support business objectives:
Creative Guidelines Development:
Act as a ‘brand guardian’ for SEUK, support Global HQ teams to interpret, develop and maintain creative and TOV guidelines, applicable to all Divisions (IM, CE, Online)
You’ll need to act as a bold Samsung representative within internal meetings, liaising with members of the marketing, social media and product teams on a regular basis. Strong experienced project management skills will be a must. Given the volume of work the role will need to oversee/ manage multiple teams of external agency partner’s / internal teams /partners /rights holders and third parties to deliver objectives. Managing regular reporting/ status reports/ internal stakeholder communications & reporting will be necessary to keep the internal stakeholders up to speed and engaged. Development of clear, high quality briefs for our agency & partners, developing and managing the project & associated meetings/ all project budgets & timelines. Be a key point of contact for UK, EO and HQ teams to coordinate and interface with. To explore and evaluate opportunities that in turn could be developed, evolved, socialised for required internal buy-in.
You’ll need to effectively communicate with existing Creative Agency teams, directing them on projects and driving for results. Key management and responsible for a team of external agencies. Responsible for leading multiple agencies from briefing, planning, ideation to overseeing execution and delivery, and will require in-depth experienced knowledge of the market/ key player’s themes/ topics and talent and working with agency partners to execute world class activity.
This role requires someone with demonstrable TTL marketing experience and a strong character. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable working both independently and within large, established teams.
Experience with large scale events, activations, partnership + brand projects /campaigns. 10 years + of similar experience combined with strong agency + client experience. Strong project management, creative and production skills. Exceptional working knowledge of the processes and experienced in large budget management (1m +). Intelligent- passionate & motivated. A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced team and help deliver world class activity. Resilience, tenacity, positivity and a clear head under pressure. Agile with the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously. Ability to lead and influence others & successfully represent the brand and team internally and externally. Collaborative - the ability to build a network, understand different points of view, overcome objections, deliver a vision, a plan and then make it happen by working with and through others.
Our team is focused on producing and delivering award winning campaigns and the highest quality day-to-day engagement with our stakeholders.
• An ability to work independently and as part of a team, working on multiple projects for multiple stakeholders at the same time. High productivity.
• An understanding of required processes to develop and execute TTL marketing activity.
Essential Soft skills:
• Flexible, adaptable, resilient.
• Confident and calm.
• Excellent communicator and problem solver.
1. [Creative production] Participate in the ATL(Above The Line) and BTL(Below The Line) marketing asset production process in accordance with the company's brand strategy for effective IMC(Integrated Marketing Communication).
2. [Agency management] Participate in close communication with the agencies by delivering clear briefings, thus deriving ideas that align with the communication strategy and the output wanted.
3. [Marketing asset execution] Participate in the setting of the multi-dimensional execution strategy for ATL(Above The Line) and BTL(Below The Line) marketing activities which are different by each touch point.
4. [Gauging and analyzing communication impact] Analyze the communication impact through before and after consumer research.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experienced professional with full understanding on specialized areas; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analyzing data requires evaluating identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
• Typically requires minimum 5 years' of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience.