Sporty Teaching Assistant Candidate Required at Specialist Provision: Newbury
A specialist school in the Newbury area are looking for sporty candidates to join their team. The school is a specialist provision that caters to students with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, as well as learners with autism.
The school are looking for candidates with a sports background but also candidates who can help in the classroom as well- candidates will be supporting with classroom based learning first and foremost.
The school are looking for candidates with sporty backgrounds so that students can be more active and so that they have strong, active role models to look up to whilst they progress through their education. This is the ideal role for someone who is considering a future career in schools, but who also has a background in sports.
If you've got specialist coaching skills in a certain sport, the school would look to utilise these where possible.
Here's what Ofsted had to say about the school:
“Pupils are lively and happy in this busy and purposeful school. They enjoy close relationships with adults and bond with each other. It is clear that some pupils are developing confidence and greater self-esteem. For many pupils, this is the first time they have enjoyed coming to school.”
- Any relevant SEN/Autism experience or qualifications is desired, however not essential so please still apply.
- A passion and enthusiasm to see pupils achieve their best potential
- Dedication to the needs of all your pupils, working with other staff members to offer emotional and academic support - A Child Only DBS on the Update Service, or one done through Teaching Personnel
-A background in sports, whether it's coaching or personal experience playing sport to a high level.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence - Punctual and reliable - Enjoys a challenge
Benefits of working with Teaching Personnel
- You will be rewarded for your efforts with competitive and fair rates of pay, from £65-80 per day
- Online timesheet approval for Schools, meaning no paper timesheets!
- SMS and E-Mail booking confirmations - Access to our exclusive CPD Academy, with discounted courses such as Team Teach, Child Psychology and Autism Awareness available online
- Recommend a Friend bonus scheme with £50 for every successful application
- A dedicated Consultant who will seek out your ideal job role
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: