Our client is a highly regarded leader in its specialist global markets, designing and manufacturing innovative testing solutions which protect lives and the environment each day. With a long history of pioneering innovation behind it, the company has an excellent reputation for continual investment in its products and for developing innovative solutions to fulfil international regional regulations and requirements. Manufacturing in the UK and offering a range of after sales products and technical support, the assured technologies are delivered globally in over 100 countries via regional hubs, supporting customers direct and via a trusted distribution network.
Backed by ambitious plc owners, the client is set to deliver further growth in its chosen markets, including Food & Beverage, Utilities, Emergency Response & Leisure through increased sales in existing markets and continued development of new patented products with significant potential in new and existing markets. With the business now set to execute the longer-term strategy, a first-rate Sales Director is now required to join the executive team. You will lead the internationally-based sales team (Regional Managers and support teams, c40 colleagues in total) tasked with managing distributor relationships and developing direct sales volumes in assigned countries and global regions. You will drive sales in established market sectors as well as taking new patented solutions to market with both existing and new customers.
You will be an experienced sales leader with a background of technical manufactured product sales in relevant international market sectors. Analysis equipment / technical instrument market experience would be useful however, more important is your ability to protect and build product sales in multiple markets as well as develop new relationships where a long-term, partnership-led approach is required. You are likely to have a successful track record in similar, senior international sales roles, delivering direct and distributor sales plans and leading similarly-sized sales & support teams from the front.
Job Title: Sales Director
Reports to: Managing Director
Team: 5 x Direct Reports (Regional Managers + Support Teams, total team c40)
Package: Anticipated Salary £80,000 - £100,000 (+ performance related bonus, car allowance & exec. benefits)
Location: NE England (plus c20-25% international travel)
- Execute the Sales Business Plan through creating and delivering appropriate strategic and tactical sales plans
- Lead, coach and develop the distributor and direct sales teams to meet & exceed sales objectives
- Set key sales revenue, margin and soft KPIs to ensure that the multi-sector sales team deliver against the plan
- Manage sales budgets and agree appropriate resource requirements to enable delivery of key objectives
- Build close collaborative partnerships with colleagues to develop & execute effective NPL & marketing strategies
- Report sales performance and performance-influencing factors to the board
- Monitor market trends & identify opportunities to support new product & new market development
- Experienced Sales Director with background in technology-led businesses selling into international markets
- Leads from the front and by example, utilising extensive channel development experience gained in relevant settings
- Strategic, collaborates closely with clients and colleagues alike to identify and act upon market developments
- Can deliver top line growth in mature markets, leveraging relationships and delivering customer satisfaction
- Excellent people and team leadership skills, able to develop future leaders in a fast-moving, dynamic business
- International markets experience understands cultural differences and reacts to local market requirements
- Relevant experience would include technical equipment & consumables sales, both via distributors and direct
All applications and enquiries should be directed to Barron Williams via the link provided and for an initial confidential exploratory discussion, please contact Barron Williams Director, Paul Barron on the number provided below.