Spire Manchester Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Outpatient Department. The successful applicant will provide high quality evidence-based nursing care, in a clinic setting to facilitate smooth and efficient outpatient clinics.
Working with a wide variety of specialisms (including Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Urology, Bariatrics, dermatology and more) you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. We offer a full induction for all staff to ensure that you feel supported and set up for success in your new role. You will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the regions most experienced Consultants, covering a varied and diverse caseload
Training is available to allow you to broaden your experience and career development. Part of our culture is to encourage and bring out the best in our workforce by supporting personalised development plans and learning from the current senior and very experienced team. You will be involved in many working groups within the hospital and be given full support in acquiring new specialist skills.
We are passionate about excellent patient care, we allow our staff to focus on what they do best and offer competitive salaries that reflect that.
Spire Manchester Hospital is a brand new, £65m state-of-the-art healthcare facility offering patients a wide range of integrated surgical, medical and diagnostic services. The rapidly expanding team in Manchester consists of over 500 colleagues, who thrive in the welcoming atmosphere that is friendly, supportive and progressive.
Duties and responsibilities
- Run nurse led dressing and phlebotomy clinics and assist in pre-operative investigations
- Carry out any other duties delegated by the OPD Manager / team leader for the proper and efficient care of the patient's and the smooth running of the department
- Chaperone and assist Consultants during examination of the patient's and minor surgical procedures and assists in arranging investigations requested by Consultants
- Complete Outpatient documentation to a high standard including care pathways for minor operations and procedures
- Liaising with patients, consultants and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Assist patients with booking appointments
Who we're looking for
You will be a Registered Nurse with current NMC registration and essentially have a high standard of acute clinical experience within a hospital setting. Previous experience within an outpatient department is desirable along with phlebotomy skills.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland. For us,it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
For further information about this role or if this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Grace Little on [... Click Apply...]