Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
To deliver a multi-skilled, PLC, PC and controls equipment service across a wide range of operationally critical equipment whilst understanding and operating safely and in-line with the customer’s business needs.
The occupier of the role will operate as the shift technical issue manager and work alongside the shift team and report into the Site Maintenance Manager.
The role incumbent will promote KION/Dematic values and behaviours whilst supporting the requirements and activities of our customer to deliver in full, on time, every time and at all times understanding what is critical to quality.
- To be the customer’s point of contact for all technical fault management
- Error management ownership and engagement
- Technical fault management controller providing the link and comm’s to the wider Dematic network, 3rd party support and customer
- Adhering to site agreed communication and fault management processes at all times
- Identifying process failures and escalating as required
- Targeting maintenance activities at top (10) issues as identified via the EIS / SCADA data analysis
- Root-cause-analysis of faults using industry recognised tools e.g. Ishikawa, 5 Why, LSS principles
- Rectification and prevention of issues
- Equipment availability optimisation
- Continuous improvement
- Support for the site maintenance function optimisation
- PLC backup, version control and change management in line with Dematic process
- On-site training for the site shift technicians; a controlled programme of instruction and refresher training using assessment tools thus enhancing the overall levels of technical expertise available to the company (in line with the Dematic Training Academy)
- Management of the site (shift) technical training matrix
- Support for the Site Team Leader in data analysis and presentation
- Support for the site ‘hardware map’; a database of fitted equipment which holds parameters, configuration, programs etc. and the fault analysis / swap-out process for each element
- Managing the technical tooling requirements for the shift including software, hardware, comm’s modules / leads and other interface equipment
- Ensuring the safety and quality of your own work and that provided by external contractors in the automation field meets the required standards
- Record-keeping, file updates, process management
- Provide the fault management technical point of contact and control for the customer, Dematic and 3rd parties
- Ensure full utilization of DMMS for all work orders carried-out and spares used
- Data-mining via WCS/WMS system / SCADA EIS / raw data to help drive issue resolution
- Maintenance activities to support the site system throughput model to ensure operational optimisation
- Work in conjunction with fellow site and shift technical specialists to create and deliver a dashboard / boiler-plate stat’s to deliver improvements / measurables
- Provide support and check / sign-off for technical activities and fault rectification
- Create fault management ‘How-To’s’ for the site team to follow; monitor, review and improve the how-to processes
- Strive to provide feedback to ensure maintenance programmes (DMMS) are progressively optimised
- Adherence to legislative requirements of maintenance under, but not restricted to PUWER and LOLER
- Support for the management and control of obsolescence on site
- Promote and support the Site Technical Specialist in the propagation, standardisation / harmonisation of maintenance practices within the NE Region
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards to the site e.g. EN258
- Maintain compliance to key CE Directives and standards ensuring all are channelled through the correct business department(s)
- Ensure compliance with Dematic standards
- Time-served apprenticeship / NVQ Level 3 (Or Equivalent) Electrical bias preferred
- ONC qualified engineering qualification or equivalent (electrical bias preferred) minimum
- Electrical controls system experience including inverter drives, barcode scanning equipment, Profibus / Profinet / ASi-bus / ASi-Safe / Ethernet etc.
- PLC (Siemens) required
- PC, database, comm’s networks
- Warehouse Control System / Warehouse Management System knowledge including the ability to follow log-file sequencing (preferred)
- Previous experience within a controls equipment environment (warehousing preferred)
- Multi-skilled / good electrical and mechanical experience
- Coach and mentor all staff to embrace Dematic and relevant design/industry standards
- To comply with all company policies as defined on the DMS / Document Vault
- IOSH / NEBOSH Trained (preferred)