Playtech Manchester are looking for a world-class Senior Front-End Developer to join the Neon development team. Working on a range of industry-leading applications, which deploy across multiple form factors, you will bring expertise, rigour and imagination to the development process.
The right candidate will help to lead our approach to design and build browser apps. You will play a key role in the producing web apps that are heavily used by both land-based casino business users, and land-based casino players around the world.
You will be a key member of the front-end team designing and building apps for desktop, mobile, touch-screen kiosks and embedded devices. Apps range from critical operational business apps, to player-facing loyalty apps and interactive bonus games which enhance the gaming experience.Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Development of existing and greenfield web-based business applications and consumer applications
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert and point of reference for developers, analysts and architects across the business
- Provide expert input to technical solution discussions
- Actively mentoring junior team members
- Helping to foster development and testing best practices
- Monitor and analyse the everchanging front-end development landscape and adopt a pragmatic approach to recommending new approaches
- 5+ years’ experience developing component-based web apps and UIs
- Good understanding of modern ES6 approaches – classes, modules, arrow functions, template literals etc.
- Appreciation of TypeScript
- Understanding of approaches to client-side authentication and authorisation (e.g. JWT)
- Expert in key browser APIs: DOM, Storage, WebSockets, Fetch etc.
- Expert in with at least one modern front-end framework (e.g. Angular.io, React)
- Node/NPM as part of web dev workflow
- Build tools (npm scripts, webpack, gulp etc.)
- Version control
- Expert TypeScript
- PWA and Service Workers
- AngularJS 1.5+
- CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS)
- Canvas / FabricJS
- Experience of Agile / Scrum workflow
- Azure DevOps
- Experience with unique challenges of building business web apps
- The vision to understand and contribute to the big picture of our application suite
- Possession of a component-based mindset, approaching front-end development as a process of discovering the discrete building blocks of an app, and determining how best to arrange these blocks to satisfy requirements with elegance, performance and reusability in mind
- Strong desire to learn, develop, refine and master all aspects of your profession and the industry
- Determined, proactive and confident, you will not sit and wait for instructions before improving, refactoring and hardening our software
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders of all levels, pitching your ideas and concepts at the right level, you will translate between the technical and business domains with ease
- With an ability and enthusiasm to solve problems, you will rely on instinct and experience to seek a solution, even when that solution is initially unclear
- With a willingness to accept that both complexity and change are inevitable in a dynamic environment, you will embrace this with a smile on your face
Playtech is the world-leading supplier of online casino, poker, sports and bingo products, with over 5,000 employees worldwide.Our Manchester office (M60 J21) develops Neon, the world’s fastest-growing management system for bricks-and-mortar casinos. We use leading-edge technologies and are significantly ahead of our competitors in this respect.
Playtech provides a complete solution for the management of omnichannel gambling and is committed to supporting responsible gambling and protection of vulnerable players.
Playtech is the market-leading retail casino systems vendor in Europe and has recently opened offices in Vietnam, Argentina and Johannesburg to support our ongoing growth in this area.
Playtech is a fast-growing, fast-moving company in a dynamic industry.Our sales teams bring many exciting opportunities and our strike rate in closing business is excellent.Our R&D teams are always working on new, innovative products.To excel as a senior developer in this environment, you will need to be a self-starter who can adapt to a changing environment and work with a very busy management team to build an organisation to support the company’s ambitious growth plans.
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5 - Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/90342016