Speedy are the UK’s leading hire provider with the widest range of tools, specialist hire equipment, plant and support services – everything for every job!
An exciting new role has become available within our IT Infrastructure Operations Team. As an Infrastructure Analyst, you will be responsible for controlling and providing ongoing pro-active maintenance and support for any infrastructure issues as well as the provision and integration of new infrastructure technologies to support the business as it grows, and defining standards and policies in conjunction with the IT team.
What you’ll need:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- The ability to work well alone and under pressure
- Experience of supporting VMWare environments 5.x/6.x - Including build, deployment and migration
- Experience of supporting Citrix XenApp 6.x/7.x environments - Including build, deployment and migration
- A good understanding of core networking technologies and structured infrastructure
- A good understanding of storage technologies
- A good understanding of security best practices
- Experience in build and support of Microsoft Server technologies
- Correctly assess impact and urgency of issues and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to independently manage workloads and regularly report back on progress to management
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
- Ability to document procedures to assist other team members in performing tasks
The following is desirable but not essential
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Microsoft Exchange
- Industry experience in virtualisation technologies (preferably VMware), backup technologies (preferably Veeam/DPM), monitoring tools (preferably Solarwinds), WiFi technologies (preferably Motorola) or Security/AV technologies (preferably Sophos Suite)
In return we offer a competitive salary with contributory pension scheme, 21 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays) rising to 26 days after 12 months, discretionary bonus scheme and life assurance. In addition you will be able to take advantage of our fantastic Salary Extras benefits scheme, offering cycle to work and various other discounts on a wide range of goods and services.