MAXIMUS UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MAXIMUS, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management, MAXIMUS People Services and Revitalised. MAXIMUS employs 4,000 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations in the UK, MAXIMUS is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country. Learn more at maximusuk.co.uk.
To oversee the day-to-day operation of the Assessment Centre reception area; meeting and greeting all customers and visitors and answering questions.
- Assist customers with completion of forms including expense claims.
- Prepare and maintain rooms and equipment to ensure they are ready for the Medical Practitioner and customers.
- Working with other teams, Team Leaders and Medical Practitioners to ensure cohesion within unit and work flow progression.
- Using in-house computer system to update records accurately.
- Regular telephone liaison with MSC.
- Provide cover at other sites on occasion.
- General administrative duties as required.
You will work a 15 hour week. Your normal working hours will be 9am – 5pm. A rota will be published in advance detailing your working pattern each week.
Your actual start and finish times can be agreed with your line manager and will be in accordance with the needs of the business. You are entitled to a 30 minute unpaid meal break each day.You are also required to work whatever additional hours are reasonably required or reasonably necessary for the proper performance of your job and which suit the needs of the business.Depending on your role and seniority, if you are required by CHDA to work more than your normal working hours, you may be entitled to overtime payment or time off in lieu in accordance with CHDA's policy which is available on the HR Solutions portal.
- Demonstrable experience in an administrative or customer service position.
- Fluent English language skills, able to communicate with stakeholders on a day to day basis via telephone, email and face to face in a clear, caring, courteous and professional manner.
- Able to demonstrate a clear attention to detail in relation to office administration duties such as updating spread sheets and presenting information clearly and accurately
- Able to managing filing in a clear and logical structure, writing / typing information in a clear understandable level of English and ensuring relevant information is documented in a consistent manner.
- Able to demonstrate prioritisation skills when multi-tasking.
- Ability to deliver work to set targets and specified standards.
- Self-motivated: Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- A positive enthusiastic approach to solving problems.
- Proven ability to make logical and solid decisions.
CHDA is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, CHDA will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.