Maintenance Planning Co-ordinator (EI or Mechanical)
Country: United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 9684
Job Family: Manufacturing
Number of Heads Remaining: 1
Vacancy: Maintenance Planning Coordinator
Job family: Manufacturing.
Johnson Matthey currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Planning Coordinator to join our Catalyst Technologies manufacturing site in Clitheroe.
The main purpose of the role is to develop planned job packages for maintenance inspection and repair work such that the maintenance teams (Mechanical, Controls and E&I) can execute work productively. The job plans should fully satisfy the work order scope and include all material, services, resources, support services and documentation required and be scheduled with appropriate logic between individual tasks and operations with the intent of minimising plant downtime and maximising work execution in available windows.
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in sustainable technologies and many of the company’s products enhance the quality of life of millions through their beneficial impact on the environment, human health and wellbeing. We focus on key markets where we can innovate and improve solutions for our customers through applying our expertise in advanced materials and technology. We have operations in over 30 countries and employ over 14,000 people worldwide.
What does Catalyst Technologies do?
Our business serves the oil, gas, commodity chemicals, petrochemicals, and fine chemicals industries. We pride ourselves on our technical expertise and the relationships we foster with our customers are built from the appreciation of the knowledge base we can bring to support their business.
· To produce a coherent maintenance plan to guide day maintenance teams for the following work period such that process plant OEE can be optimised in the short and medium term;
· To progress necessary documentation, spares, resources, work-instructions etc to ensure work activities can progress smoothly on the day organised;
· To assist Maintenance Team Co-ordinators in managing work order backlog by grouping equipment work requests (of all types) to optimise utilisation of resources and minimise equipment downtime;
· To assist Maintenance Team Co-ordinators in producing, reviewing and refining PPM work plans;
· To drive the maintenance shutdown planning process, both before the event to produce realistic, resource-focused plans, during the event to communicate progress and address emerging issues, and after the event to review execution and produce valuable insight for future shutdown plans;
· To integrate plant maintenance schedules with site production plans to help achieve customer orders OTIF
Specifically, in achieving the above, the job holder is responsible to:
· Utilise the site’s CMMS and any nominated planning software which interface appropriately with the site’s production plan;
· Ensure compliance to Management of Change process, particularly where temporary or permanent amendments to maintenance routines might impact achievement of robust predictive maintenance;
· Utilise the site’s CMMS functionality to ensure all relevant information is captured both ahead of and after the work activity;
· Utilises the site’s CMMS functionality to assess the effectiveness of resource deployment;
· Visit worksites regularly before the work to ensure full understanding of the task;
· Visit worksites regularly during extended workscopes to gauge and report on %age completion and to communicate implications to subsequent workscopes and process throughput plans;
· Integrate maintenance plans with capital project plans and with production plans;
· Communicates progress and address emerging issues,
· Regularly reviews the planning process to continuously improve interfaces between engineering, production and S&OP team;
· Participates in RCM programmes as necessary;
· Budgets and controls costs for shutdown activities, raising indents and purchase orders as required;
· Assesses and approves contractor RAMS in conjunction with site operations;
· Plans and coordinates training activities for the maintenance teams;
· Covers the role of Maintenance Team Leader as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Have a maintenance planning background within a process plant;
· Be able to influence key stakeholders in the business to be able to champion change and drive teamwork across teams without positional power/line management authority;
· Have an awareness of S&OP process and the relevant planning and scheduling activities that underpin this;
· Relevant technical knowledge of M, E, C&I maintenance practices to be able to assess job resource requirements and interactions;
· Have a suitable level of general health and safety awareness (eg IOSH Managing Safely) appropriate to an industrial environment;
· Have familiarity with the functionality available in a computerised maintenance management system appropriate to the role;
· Be able to work under own initiative with the minimum supervision;
· The job holder must possess higher IT literacy skills (including use of MS Office) such that use of project or planning software can be implemented efficiently.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
Closing date for applications: 24th July 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.