About The Role
This job brings you to the heart of the SWIFT Financial community: FinTech companies, Banks, and Corporates across the globe. In this role, you assist our customers around the world to solve their SWIFT operational challenges on a daily basis and you work with colleagues from different locations and cultures.
As Customer Technical Support Engineer you must be technically savvy and willing to acquire in depth understanding of the entire SWIFT product suite used by our customers: Sharing your knowledge and expertise with both customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job, that’s why our ideal candidate is a team-player and has excellent communication skills.
We work with an agile mindset where change is part of our daily life, so we expect you to adapt fast and be a promoter of continuous improvement in our services and products. You must also be able to think swiftly and analytically in case of crisis and incidents, inspiring confidence to our customers and peer- colleagues.Let’s Talk About You
You are a bright Customer Technical Support Engineer joining our global Customer Support Delivery Organisation, based in London.Responsibilities
What will you do?
Your Main Tasks Will Be
- You will provide support to SWIFT product and services within the area of expertise of your team: the SWIFT Secured Network used for international transactions, SWIFT Messaging services, SWIFT Software suite, and the many services and solutions we offer to our community.
- As SWIFT supports a wealth of products and services, we use Intelligent
- Swarming for employees to maintain end-to-end expertise. As a junior, you will be closely coached in your interactions with customers and as a senior you will be coaching your colleagues in your area of expertise.
- We operate in a KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) fashion: Sharing your solutions with customers and colleagues will be an important part of your job.
- Investigate together with internal parties, to establish the root cause of problems reported by our customers and provide end-to-end service support, retaining end-to-end ownership of your cases
- Build and maintain customer relationships and increase customer satisfaction by performing checks of their operational environment and giving recommendations for improvement
- Travel to customers to deliver services
- Participate in service and products improvement projects and drive project deliverables
You need to have:
A Master or Bachelor degree in IT/Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
Excellent analytical skills
Strong English written and spoken communication skillsYou Will Have An Edge If You Have
What we offer
- Technical certifications or proven skills in any of the following fields:
- SWIFT software suite (SWIFTNet, Alliance portfolio and platform, SWIFT messaging solutions)
- TCP/IP protocol and technical implementation (such as NAT, routing)
- SSO, RADIUS, LDAP integration with applications
- Windows, Unix , Linux, AIX, Solaris, Rhel administration
- Oracle databases, MQ series and/or IBM WebSphere
- User or Administrator of SAP, SalesForce, ServiceNow.
- Java, XML and SQL knowledge
- Experience in a technical customer support environment
- Experience in Financial Services, Banking or similar
- Fluent oral and written skills in one or more languages other than English
- Familiarity with ServiceNow
We help you perform at your best.
We offer a wealth of training opportunities (including the full LinkedIn e-learning suite). During your first 3 months, you will be part of a focussed training program to kick start your network and knowledge. Continuous development of yourself and your knowledge is at the heart of your role.Competitive reward package
Our employees are highly valued and we provide packages that include a competitive base salary, a performance-related bonus, generous retirement benefits, excellent medical benefits and allowances for you and your family. SWIFT offers benefits that support the right work-life balance.We help you make a difference
Together we can make a real, positive impact on the environment and our communities by operating responsibly and sustainably. For example, you can help us to meet our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint a further 36% by 2030.We give you the freedom to be yourself
You’ll be surrounded by diverse, bright, customer-focused and intellectually curious people in a collaborative, friendly, open and inclusive environment. SWIFT enables you to reach your full potential regardless of background, gender, or culture.Company & Department Description
We are transforming the payments’ landscape, making them faster and more transparent than ever before. We are the way the world moves value — every instant of every day, in almost every country.
What we do has a critical impact on the global financial community and touches almost every aspect of the financial world. SWIFT doesn’t stand still: we are constantly evolving and tirelessly innovating. If you have what it takes, you’ll be able to build a long-term career in the Financial, IT, and Operations sectors.
Working at the intersection of finance and technology is a very exciting place to be right now. What you do matters every day.
Not what you are looking for? Try these related job searchesCustomer Support Engineer jobs in London UKJobs at SWIFT in London UKFintech IT - Systems Engineering jobs in London UKFintech IT - Software Development jobs in London UKFintech Customer Service jobs in London UKFintech jobs in London UKStartup jobs in London UKLooking for a Fintech job in London, UK?
Search all available jobs in Fintech and apply easily in seconds.Looking for Fintech employees in London, UK?
Post your job and hire trained talent in 5 minutes.