Sharp Gaming is a brand-new, state of the art technology platform for the gambling industry. We’re on an exciting journey to build the next generation sports betting and gaming platform that will support market leading bookmakers globally. With over £25 million invested so far, we have a long-term vision and lots of opportunities in the future.
Sharp Gaming is based in Manchester city centre and stems from the gaming division at Degree 53. The platform is still in development and we are recruiting talented individuals to help bring our vision to life.
Due to our successful growth, we are now looking for a Product Owner to join our newly formed retail team.
What Will I be Doing?
The role will focus on ownership of retail betting areas of the platform. This is an opportunity to be in at the start of something new and exciting and grow with the products and company.
As a Product Owner at Sharp Gaming you will know our product inside and out and be the “go to” person for questions about it both internally and externally.
Your day will consist of:
* Performing internal and external demos of the product
* Working with stakeholders; defining, prioritising and owning the product backlog
* Developing an understanding of current and future customer needs, supported by data analysis and the strategic roadmap
* Translating these needs into user stories for new features
* Working with the delivery teams to ensure they understand the new features and the user stories and support the design of solutions
* Working with the QA team and the customer to ensure that the product is of the highest quality
* Working with the product managers to ensure that the strategic product roadmap is delivered by the development backlog
* You'll have considerable previous experience in software delivery as a Product Owner
* You'll have previous experience in the gambling industry
* Be able to work semi-autonomously
* Be able to write excellent user stories
* Be able to design solutions at a high level and make decisions about the best way to solve a problem
* Have a solid understanding of digital technology and the software development life cycle in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
* Be analytical in your approach
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organisational & time management skills
* Wireframing experience
* JIRA & Confluence
What's in it for me?
* Competitive salary
* Employee of the month
* Generous referral bonus
* 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
* Flexi-time (start anywhere between 7.30am and 9am – whatever suits you best!)
* Company pension scheme
* Health cash plan
* City centre office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 console