Working as part of a team of Product Certification Specialists, the applicant will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive certification service to a wide range of industry sectors. You will be joining TÜV SÜD certification a leading multinational organisation supporting work for a UK and EU based notified body. Brexit will not impact this role and further certification group expansion may be required depending on the Brexit outcome. The position will allow an individual to expand their knowledge and skill set to become a Product Certification Specialist in multiple technology sectors. This role can additionally be expanded into certification scheme offsite auditing depending on background experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Performing desk audits / reviews of regulatory documentation for multiple Product Certification Schemes (RED, FCC, ISEDC, Marine-D, Japanese CAB, MCS).
- Providing guidance to customers and intercompany networks regarding regulatory requirements and certification processes.
- Qualification to HND (or equivalent level), or the equivalent industry experience, in an electronics/electrical field
- Experience of reading and applying technical specifications (for example CEN, CENELEC, ETSI, FCC, ISEDC)
- Experience of validation testing, type approval testing or compliance management within an engineering sector (i.e. wireless communications, EMC, Safety, Environmental etc)
- Willingness to learn and study new technology types and certification areas.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and customers
- Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of applying RED, Marine-D, FCC, ISEDC, MCS rules
- Knowledge of quality management system processes and procedures for example ISO 9001:2015 auditing
- Ability to evaluate, and when required, communicate to others new developing technologies.
- Willingness to attend technical committees and meetings to convey regulatory information to others.
- Knowledge of Global Market Access requirements.
- Willingness for occasional foreign travel.