Frauscher Sensonic is a trailblazer for the use of Fiber Optic Sensing (FOS) in the global railway market, living up to the challenge of railway-specific requirements due to rapidly progressing digitisation. With end-to-end solutions based on Fiber Optic Sensing for diverse applications we want to foster a revolution of railway operations.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading company in the global rail industry, developing innovative new technology for tracking and monitoring assets using fibre optic sensing. The successful candidate will join our UK product development team based in Farnborough and work as part of a global Agile Research & Development programme. As a Software Developer, familiar with Object Oriented design for Linux systems, you will be working primarily in the Go language to create back end data processing and manipulation services and UI features.
- Develop, document and maintain software for the Sensonic system
- Follow company procedures for software release, version control and integration
- Plan and manage workflow as part of a cross functional SCRUM development team
- Collaborate with Sensonic technology partners and the wider R&D team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience at software system design and architecture level.
- Developing for Linux on embedded Systems.
- Strong experience in Go, C , C++ or similar Object Oriented Language. Primary work. will be in Go and Python.
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile Planning practice.
- Ability to plan and manage workflow as part of a cross functional Scrum development team.
- Use of GitLab CI or other continuous development environments with Git based repositories.
- Development of simple web-based UIs.
- Implementation of digital signal processing within an embedded environment.
- Implementation of machine learning techniques including familiarity with Tensorflow.
- Some exposure to, or developing with, CUDA or OpenCL could be beneficial.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar subject.
- Or relevant experience.
- Team player
- Well organised
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and happy taking responsibility for own plans, tasks, and deliveries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to travel freely in Europe.
- Ability to speak German would be advantageous, but it is not essential.
- Based in the UK at the Frauscher office in Farnborough.
What we offer
- Competitive salary (based on skills and experience) & pension
- Opportunity to work as part of a social and innovative company
- Regular social events such as Christmas party, summer BBQ and days out organised by our social committee
- Agile and open corporate culture
- Commitment to personal development
- Company benefits