Children’s Services and Social Care Lawyer – Warrington
Salary: £ 28.46ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
Children’s Services and Social Care Lawyer based within the Legal Department’s Families and Wellbeing Team required to provide legal advice and services to the client departments and the Council itself.
- The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to the Council’s Corporate Plan, the Corporate Equality and Diversity Policy and Health and Safety Policy.
- To undertake the provision of legal advice on behalf of Warrington Borough Council in relation to Children’s Services matters (including Child Care Applications and questions relating to Education Law).
- To conduct advocacy at all levels with respect to the above matters before the Single Family Court and any other appropriate tribunal.
- To proactively advise and respond to all requests for legal advice and advising on the proposed impact of any legislation as and when appropriate to the Client Departments.
- To undertake all preparations in relation to Child Care Advocacy including preparation of bundles, skeleton arguments, care plans, and statements, ensuring full compliance with the Public Law Outline, attendance at advocates meetings and to liaise with Counsel as and when required.
- To attend relevant meetings including Child Protection Case Conferences and where applicable Safeguarding Board meetings, Joint Partnership Groups, and Legal Gateway meetings.
- The postholder must carry out the duties with full regard to the Council's Community Plan, Community Safety Strategy, Corporate Equality Plan, Health and Safety Policy and Social Inclusion Strategy.
- Any other duties as directed by the Legal Services Manager and ultimately the Solicitor to the Council.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to confidentiality and data protection regulations.
- The postholder is responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and/or vulnerable adults.
- To undertake such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176