Medway Council are recruiting for a Team manager for the Children's services Department
Salary: Salary up to £52,176, inclusive of market premia
This is a fantastic time to be joining Medway as a Team Manager in our Children's Social Work Team. You will be leading a Team consisting of 5 social workers and a Senior Practitioner.
As a registered social worker with SWE you will have a minimum of 4 years post qualifying experience of working with children and families in the statutory sector. You will manage a complex caseload delivering high quality casework to children and families, and be able to offer expert opinion and support to less experienced colleagues and social work students on placement.
Our cases transfer to the pods after an assessment and then remain in the pods which mean there are variety of cases from children in need, child protection, court work and looked after children.
If you are passionate and committed to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people then we would like to hear from you.
Medway is proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
* Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum (payable after 1 year of service)
* Career progression scheme to support your continuous professional development
* Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car following completion of probationary period
* Free car parking
* Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
* Relocation Package up to £8,000
Benefits of working with Service care solutions
Free Payroll Service*
SCS will fund the £9 a week fee via ARCH Umbrella company! if you secure a Qualified Social worker role.
Candidate Referral Bonus
SCS offer £250 for every Qualified Social Worker you refer over to us!
(£150 after 6 weeks in the assignment and £100 after completing 12 weeks)
Find your own job bonus
SCS will offer £150 to Qualified Social Workers sourcing their own job and referring it to the agency you must be placed in the role for 4weeks before payment can be made!
Permanent Qualified Social Worker Bonus*
If you are placed in to a permanent position by SCS we will pay £250 after you have completed 12 weeks in the role!
SCS will pay up to £250 each year to help with your Continuing Professional Development
Loyalty Reward Scheme
SCS will pay a "Thank you" bonus to Qualified Social Workers after each 12-month period they complete with SCS.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Delanie Heyes at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208964 or email Delanie.Heyes@servicecare.org.uk
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
- About Disability Confident
- A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.