client has an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated
Residential Care Worker who is flexible and has a desire to make a difference
to help and support young people.
You will work in a 4-6 bedded
residential home with a well equipped sensory room and outdoor facilities for
young people aged 12+ with learning disabilities to provide advice, assistance
My client is looking for a strong
minded, passionate and confident person.
Residential Care Worker Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying individual support needs of each young person and liaising with external agencies and or other professionals to meet these needs
- Supporting, keeping young adults safe, monitoring the safety and security of the house and give guidance to young adults whenever it is needed
- Supporting young adults by helping them to be able to carry out their daily household tasks, food shopping, developing their budgeting skills, meal preparation, using public transport networks, keeping and attending appointments, interpersonal, social and communication skills, finding suitable education and training
- Encouraging Positive Behaviour through positive behaviour management
- Ensuring they lead a fulfilling life through engaging in leisure activities of their choice with support from staff as necessary
- Carrying out periodical reviews and or Key work meetings to assess and monitor their progress
- Advising young adults on welfare benefits matters
- Residential care experience
- At least 1 years’ experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities
- Experience managing challenging behaviors and physical intervention
- Driving license desirable
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care desirable
- The ability to work shifts
Salary: £9.00 per hourShift hours for day staff:
- 28 hours per week, 0730-2130 every Saturday and Sunday
Closing date: Wednesday 26th August 2020
If this position is not right for you, we are currently
recruiting for the following positions: Care Assistant, Support Workers, RGNs.
RMNs, RNLDs, Clinical Leads, Deputy Managers and Nursing Home Manager. Please
call 0116 2183355 to discuss your new opportunity today!