We are one of the world's largest materials handling systems suppliers. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It's our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
At Dematic, we optimise warehouse operations with the help of finely tuned algorithms and data analytics in our warehouse execution software. This forms the basis of a large number of smart strategies which we employ in solutions such as waveless order fulfilment, task interleaving, operator move logic, dynamic slotting in ASRS, vision guided robotics, hot zoning, task reallocation etc.
We design and deliver automated solutions for customers across multiple markets and sectors, particularly: multi-channel order fulfilment; high rate item picking for eCommerce; automated full case palletising; high speed sortation; continuous flow manual pick and order consolidation.
This role will provide software solutions expertise in the sales process, to analyse and develop the concepts for automated warehouse management (WMS) and warehouse control systems (WCS). Direct involvement with customer concept meetings, to gather a full understanding of each opportunity and to assess the relevant software approach, and presentation of the value to key customer stakeholders.
- Experience in the development and delivery of warehouse management and automated warehouse control systems.
- Confident and engaging with customers to continuously improve Dematic's understanding of the demands on software solutions for new opportunities.
- Technically proficient in computer science, systems integration and various levels of complex IT architectures.
- An understanding of existing 3rd party warehouse management and host Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Identify key components of WMS / WCS design in each new sales opportunity such as: receiving customisation; put-away strategies; inventory management; order management / planning; material flow control; task management etc.
- Estimate software development hours with an understanding of the complexity of the functional and technical scope. Support the bid process by creating and review material used in proposals and presentations to customers in the tender process.
- Deliver considered recommendation for logistics automation software architecture
- Document high level functional process requirements for WMS / WCS
- Review and validate host system interface specifications
- Review and validate sub-system automation interface specifications
- Provide high level network infrastructure designs
Solution Cost Validation
- Calculate software application engineering effort for software development / customisation / configuration and deployment
- Influence project programme testing plan / phasing
- Provide service / maintenance proposals for full life cycle software support.