Our Client is a global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide in over 45 countries; one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
Working as part of the EMEA Financial Operations team the successful candidate will play a key role in the day-to-day functions across the various teams within Financial Operations (e.g. Trade Support / Clearing / Confirmations / Settlements) as well be involved in a wide variety of projects and process enhancements. Products covered are varied and include primarily (but not restricted to) oil derivatives, European Power & Gas, Metals and FX (OTC and Cleared).
- Be able to understand and validate trade bookings and amends across the commodity spectrum
- Experience and knowledge of Brokerage and Broker rate agreements.
- Prior exposure to confirmations drafting/validation including ISDA and EFET language.
- Production of daily confirmation MIS, with analysis of mismatch issues.
- Completing intra-day and EOD controls to ensure all processes are running and all trades are feeding from source to books and records system.
- Exchange/CCP & Broker Reconciliations
- Understanding and reporting listed options and futures expiries to the trading desks and middle office. Being aware of risks around the expiry processes on expiry day.
- Review KPI’s daily to ensure aged items and outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all risk items are prioritized and escalated where appropriate
- Working closely with multiple teams within the organisation and in multiple locations (IT, Credit, Scheduling, Trading, MO, Trade Finance)
- Regulation - Good level of understanding within the REMIT space to ensure correct monitoring of REMIT trade submission exceptions.
- To be able to demonstrate /detail actions taken on all unconfirmed positions to allow Middle Office Management to accurately assess risk and to escalate situations with The Front Office as appropriate and accurately brief executive management to relevant exposure.
- Analyze and develop team procedures in line with market requirements
- Setup and maintain instrument and market static data (across multiple systems including Endur, EFETnet, eConfirm)
- Proven work-based experience in Commodity Operations/Trade Support.
- Extensive and proven experience of drafting confirmations.
- Strong derivatives product knowledge including knowledge of the trade lifecycle of OTC and Cleared/Futures trades
- Good knowledge of various exchanges such as CME and ICE
- Strong system skills (Openlink/Endur, eConfirm, EFETNET, Morcom, FXALL)
- Previous exposure to Oil derivatives, European Power & Gas and Metals.
- Experience of monitoring work flow by reliance on Risk Systems.
- Solid understanding of Commodities Regulations and Reporting
- Ideal but not a requirement, experience of the commodities physical market would be advantageous.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision but also happy in working as a team on projects.
- Project ownership and delivery experience
- Conduct due diligence for research projects and investigations of a specialized nature as requested by senior management and external auditors.
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Maturity to tutor junior members of team and assist in their training
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Effective communication
- VBA/macro literate
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Creative and strategic thinker