Circa £24,700 + £700 p/a on call payment
Hours - Full-Time Permanent, 37 Hours
Giving children and young people the foundations they need to thrive.
Action for Children Guernsey provides a broad range of unique and innovative services for young people aged 16-25 who are experiencing difficulties in relation to accommodation, employment and seeks to specifically address drug and alcohol issues preventatively, directly and by signposting on to more specialist services.
We are looking for a Young Person's Practitioner who will join our dedicated and passionate team. You will provide practical and therapeutic support to the young people within our service.
You will need to identify young people's needs and develop a plan with the young person to help them develop the confidence and ability to live independently. You will also attend multi-agency support meetings, deal with complex caseloads and help young people manage other areas of their lives to survive in the wider community.
You will be required to take part in an on-call rota (an additional payment is provided) and occasionally work outside of normal working hours.
You will make a difference by:
- Building and developing positive working relationships with young people, their families and partner agencies.
- Being solution focused and building on strengths.
- Taking part in multi-agencies meetings to support the young people.
- Evidencing outcomes for the young people.
- Ensuring the highest standards of safeguarding practice.
- Keeping the young people at the centre of everything that we do.
You will need:
- Previous experience working in Social Care, Early Years or Health environment and experience of Safeguarding procedures
- Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments, planning and reviews to ensure positive outcomes.
- Full driving licence with access to own transport desirable
- Experience of working with client groups and ability to build relationships with families, groups and professionals.
- Willingness to take part in an on-call rota.
- A Guernsey Right to Work document.
The way we work
We work to make sure every child and young person has the love, support and opportunity they need to reach their potential. If you share the same vision, we want you to join our team. Have a look at our behaviours and values to understand more about the way we work here.
We want our employees to feel valued and rewarded for the vital work they do. When you work with us, we'll recognise your efforts with generous annual leave, a comprehensive employer-matched pension scheme and a range of deals and discounts on our dedicated benefits portal. Find out more about our exclusive Action for Children benefits here.
For safe and happy childhoods
At Action for Children, we protect and support children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. Last year, we helped more than 387,000 children and families across the UK.
For more information, please contact who can answer any additional questions you may have.
Advert closing date is 27th July 2020 and interviews will be scheduled for w/c 10th Aug 2020.
We are committed to safer recruitment practices to protect our service users; therefore, all applicants are expected to have an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding best-practice.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Jarrodean Healthcare Recruitment
£43200 to £56600 Per year
St Peter Port
more details »