Facilities Manager Location:
Applications close on 29th July 2020 Your world. Your career. Your Kier.
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients' workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to manage a Facilities Management PFI contract we hold with a public library building in the Brighton area. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
Your skills and qualifications would be:
- Manage, plan and co-ordinate the activities of the PFI facilities management contract in relation to labour, materials, transport, plant and contracted services to meet the programme of work and contracted obligations
- Establish a good working relationship between service teams, tenants and clients
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and manage expenditure within agreed budgets
- Manage the invoicing processes for the contract including the correct coding and authorising of all invoices and there inputting onto the fixed cost and variable cost spreadsheets for submission to PFI accounts at the end of each month
- Keep records of all lifecycle expenditure against agreed lifecycle profile
- Develop future lifecycle works programmes in conjunction with building wear and tear and condition surveys
- Accurately manage and document all variations/changes made to the Library
- Manage and monitor site activities and physical progress of work for site safety, quality and environmental responsibilities
Apply today and start your new journey!
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent team leader skills, a professional nature and adequate level of technical expertise Mechanical and Electrical services)
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to meet all contractual requirements
- M&E/Building Fabric knowledge utilising outsourced skilled operatives
- Full UK driving licence as travel between sites and to meetings off site will be a necessary part of the role
In reward for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary and market leading benefits package including :
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to our valuable pension scheme Matched up to 7.5%
- Kier Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Options to participate in Cycle2Work and Payroll Giving schemes
- Two employee Share Scheme options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Please note the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Let's shape your world together. *
Please note interviews make take place before the closing date