Go Expert Data Centre Engineer
- Strong background with IT Service Managementdisciplines (Problem Management, Change Management, Incident Management,Knowledge Management, Continual Improvement)
- Proven Experience in Data CentreOperations/Technical Support/Engineering
- Solid knowledge of Data Centre Infrastructure(Power, Cooling, Structed Cabling, Connectivity etc)
- Previous experience with ServerAdministration, notably: Linux/Unix Administration
- Previous experience with Programming/ScriptingPerl, Python, Bash or Java
- Strong knowledge of network architecture andprotocols.
- Strong knowledge of OCI and Cloud ComputingConcepts.
- Experienced in supporting large, Enterprisecustomers in an Operations environment
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig intothe details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- ITIL knowledge/experience is aplus
- Expected to have solid level of experiencesupporting enterprise servers, storage and networking technologies
are Expected to have a solid understanding of at least two of the following
fields with deeper specialization in at least one of the two.
- Server Hardware
- IT Service Management
- Data Centre infrastructure(Power/Cooling/Cabling)
- Systems Administration
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability toprioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
- Highly service-oriented, reliable,responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills and ability tointeract professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
- Able to work productively in cross-functionalteams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
- Demonstrated examples of process improvementexecution
- Experience in overseeing operational DataCentre projects and activities to ensure they are delivered to meetrequirements.
- Ability to work as part of a wider globalteam.
- Displays leadership qualities, mentoring,verbal and written communication abilities. Ability to use criticalthinking when making decisions in day to day operations.
- Experience in and ability to communicate toexecutive levels.
- Highly motivated individual driven to findbest possible solution or options.
- Provides escalated 2nd level technical supportfor complex technical issues which may include leading problem managementcases and providing management status.
- Monitor metrics and drive continuousimprovement efforts across Data Centre Operations to achieve KPIs.
- Provides advanced support to internal andexternal teams and vendors.
- Innovate and Implement strategic improvementsto drive down costs and reduce risks/downtime for Data CentreOperations.
- Implement Global Automation Solutions for theData Centre Operations
- Develops and executes plans that impact DCOworkflow or mitigate risk exposure.
- Communicates with senior management to advise,influence and determine strategic business needs.
- Ensure best in class Oracle standards arefollowed by staff, vendors and contractors.
- Ensure Global DCO teams manage incidents,problems and changes to the service efficiently and effectively followingthe agreed and documented processes.
- Triages issues and takes appropriate actionsto support and engineering teams and resolve them effectively.
- Engages globally with Internal andExternal groups at all levels to address support issues effecting DataCentre Operations.
- Setting expectations and monitoring acrossData Centre Operations globally, quality assure process execution andproactively address concerns with remote team leads.
- Provides mentoring and technical direction forlocal site technicians.
- Evolved decision-making to determine course ofaction or as an escalation point for Data Centre Technicians.
- Perform and teach Advanced Diagnostictroubleshooting techniques with supported systems, hardware and cabling.
- Demonstrates a mastery of support tools usedin Global day-to-day operations.
- Effectively plans support activities toincrease efficiencies.
- Working on standardization projects for bothhardware and software under the Oracle technology stack; while providingconsistent system uptime as expected in an IaaS environment.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Information Technology
Location: GB-GB, UK-London
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire