What's involved with this role:
Two Food Safety Officer and/or Health & Safety Environmental Health Officers are required. Rates are negotiable particularly if candidates have manufacture experience.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- To discharge the Councils statutory and non-statutory functions as well as it’s related strategies and policies with regards to Food Safety and the Health & Safety at Work Act by carrying out Food Hygiene, Food Standards and H&SWA inspections & enforcement in registered (food) premises
- Support businesses to achieve full legal compliance through advice and education programs but where necessary take the appropriate and proportionate enforcement actions in accordance with National and Council policies and relevant legislative provisions to safeguard public health and the food supply chain
- Respond to, and where necessary investigate and report upon complaints and requests for service in relation to Food Safety, Health & Safety at Work Act and related legislation within commercial (food) premises
- Where necessary liaising with the relevant external agencies including the Food Standards Agency (FSA), Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Health Protection Agency etc
- Investigate reported infectious disease complaints where gastrointestinal or food poisoning outbreaks are suspected.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Higher level specialist qualification relevant to Food Safety duties. Including:
- Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health, or equivalent food /environmental related diploma or degree course.
- EHORB qualification.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability and application to acquire the practical and theoretical knowledge and skills sufficient to effectively carry out the duties
- The ability to undertake work programmes and meet targets.
- Experience of undertaking investigations in team work.
- Ability to work in partnership with others and achieve shared outcomes.
- Ability to help prepare letters, reports and service related legal documents.
- Ability to undertake in situ risk assessments on personal safety.
- Ability to manage casework.
- Good interpersonal skills relevant to duties.
- Manufacture experience (desirable).
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: Ealing 4437
Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.