Dene Holm is a lovely Care Home in Northfleet that offers person centred residential care, and that has a number of new job opportunities for Day Carers.
A Day Carer provides person centred care and support needs to residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
Each Day Carer also helps care for our residents' physical environment and assists in the general day-to-day activities of the home, including housekeeping duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting residents with all aspects of their personal care needs including dressing, undressing, bathing and personal care, respecting their dignity and privacy at all times.
- Supporting residents with their mobility
- Making and changing beds, emptying commodes, tidying and caring for residents rooms.
- Inspecting, laundering and care for residents clothing, as required.
- Assisting residents who need help to eat their meals
- Reading and updating daily records / care plans
- Answering emergency bells, telephone and entrance door, and greeting visitors.
The ideal Day Carer will demonstrate:
- A caring and compassionate approach
- Patience and understanding of older people
- Knowledge of or a willingness to be trained in the correct procedures for carrying out all of their duties including use of moving & handling equipment
- An understanding of Health & Safety
- Good communication skills with different groups, e.g. staff, residents, local community
- Understanding of different values / cultures of residents and staff
- Team working skills
- Good timekeeping skills
The ideal Day Carer will have the ability to:
- Play an active role in creating a good environment
- Prioritise their work
- Be aware of the support needed by others, consider how they can support them and encourage and support them
- Train for and take on additional responsibilities
- Listen carefully and attentively
- Respect the dignity and privacy of all those they come into contact with
- Apply their knowledge and training in the workplace
- Uphold the policies and procedures of The Organisation
- Promote a positive image of the Organisation.
- Work to promote equality and diversity, and eliminate discrimination for all the Organisations service users, staff and volunteers.
Rapport Housing & Care offers Supported, Residential and Nursing Care to older people with physical frailty and Dementia across Kent.
We want everyone who meets us, no matter in what context, to experience our friendly, caring, compassionate philosophy, which runs through our whole organisation. We are a leading housing and social care provider in the south-east, flexible and responsive to the needs of people in later life.
- Compassion: behaving in a manner that treats people with respect and dignity, listening to what they say and responding;
- Openness: Offering high quality services that are adaptable, flexible and that meet the changing needs of service users in a manner that offers genuine choice;
- Integrity: acting at all times in an honest and straightforward way with all those with whom we come into contact;
- People focussed: reflecting the ethos inherent in the organisations philosophy.
Benefits of being a Day Carer with us include:
- We pay the Adult National Living Wage to all of our employees, regardless of their age
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rota if part time)
- Comprehensive Induction and Training Packages Continual professional development
- Opportunities to apply for our Academy & National Diploma courses
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme Opportunities to progress.
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references, satisfactory numeracy and literacy assessments and medical clearance.
If you have any questions about the role of Day Carer or about Rapport Housing and Care, please feel free to contact the General Manager on (01474) 567 532.
Rapport Housing & Care is committed to delivering compassion and companionship as well as care and we are proud of our reputation and profile as one of the major care providers in Kent.
Rapport Housing & Care values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Charity No: 254140
PLEASE NOTE: applications that do not include full education and work histories (with gaps between jobs explained) may not be considered.