ABOUT GREATER MINDS
Greater Minds is a new media publishing company based in Hadleigh, Essex; we publish, develop and invest in personal development brands, websites and products that inspire change in the lives of others.
Started as vision and from a dining room table, and grew into a Google-inspired workspace located inside an ex-bank, we are are looking for someone who will add their uniqueness to our team and make us stronger because of it.
All companies say they want to “change the world” but what is unique about us is that we actually have the platforms to do so. With millions of page views a month across all our sites, and many millions of social media followers, our content has the ability to make a positive and far-reaching impact in many people's lives.
We focus heavily on content and transformational education in the personal growth and transformation space, with over 10 product lines serving in excess of over 200 countries, with topics including the Law of Attraction, mindset, self-hypnosis, numerology, astrology, meditation and chakra - just to name a few.
Want more info about us? Check us out here: www.greaterminds.com
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a full-stack web developer with great passion for technology, an obsession for quality, and experience of 5 years or more.
You must be a PHP master and have a solution-oriented mindset. You're always looking for the absolute best solutions to solve problems, and are even more productive in a collaborative team environment.
In this role it's essential to be a team player; we succeed because we support each other in our work. In your day to day operations, you must appreciate receiving feedback on your work because you know it’ll make you even better at your job and at the same time you will be comfortable assisting your teammates by doing the same in the form of code reviews, general feedback and structured sharing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, architecting, developing and maintaining new and existing web applications and integrations;
- Administering hosting and DNS and carry out Adhoc/routine server and database maintenance;
- Bringing your own skills, talent with other languages and ideas to improve and streamline our online and in-house tech/software;
- Working closely in functional units to execute the vision of the business leaders in terms of functionality and user experience;
- Providing solutions, developing and maintaining websites;
- Developing IT requirements for web applications including overall tech strategy for the company;
- Responding rapidly to continuous changes and real-time updates required to web sites;
- Conducting internal training & knowledge sharing regularly;
- Being open to mentoring and leading junior developers to increase their code quality and productivity as the team expands.
- Applying good practice UI/UX experience to design of applications and systems.
This is a full-time role and you will be based at our office in Hadleigh, Benfleet. You'll be working closely with our founders, and other team members to ensure consistent brand creativity, smooth delivery and so that you'll as be able to spot opportunities as they arise.
For the right candidate we'd consider 1-2 days a week in the office and 3-4 days a week working from home.
OUR TECH ECOSYSTEM
Our ever-evolving ecosystem includes a network of Wordpress sites, and dedicated platforms for eCommerce, customer memberships and customer support. It will soon also include mobile apps and more bespoke systems and solutions.
We generally look for attitude over aptitude when it comes to technical skills, a history of proven execution and excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills are things that we value highly.
Our current and potential technical ecosystem is both interesting and broad covering systems that deal with:
- Payment processing (both check-out and backend)
- Media streaming (live and repeated)
- Serving websites to large audiences (high concurrency)
- E-mail handling (sign-ups, cohort analysis etc)
- Authentication, identification & user data collection/analysis
- Any technical role will provide a good mix of development work, systems thinking, problem-solving, business analysis with a large dose of teamwork.
YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience with your favourite language(s);
- Understand current web development standards & software development paradigms;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality web software at scale;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills;
- Good understanding of program/project management techniques and styles;
- Multi-task oriented and very well organised;
- Proficient analytical skills;
- Excellent root cause analysis problem solving skills;
- Proficient project management experience;
- Experience managing team of 3-5 members;
- A strong desire for great personal and team achievement;
- Ability to work well under pressure developing key features for high volume business critical financial systems;
- UI/UX experience;
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator;
- Wordpress theme and plugin development experience preferred.
- Unlimited Amazon budget: There is a huge benefit to learning for your own personal growth and we provide an unlimited budget for buying books on Amazon. Use this to build our company knowledge library where team members can borrow any book
- Insurance discounts
- Coffee shop discounts.
- Dining out discounts.
- Discounted cinema and theatre tickets.
- High street and online store discounts.
- Apple employee program
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Twice annual team event
You'll also get whatever hardware and software you need to ensure that you can play, create, learn, and grow more every day.
- No Excuses - you are someone who doesn't waste time giving excuses. You see the problems and move past complaining straight into finding a solution
- Good Communicator - you understand how to speak with people in an empathetic and non-condescending way, but can still be a firm if and when the situation calls
- Attitude of Gratitude - you find it easy to see and express your appreciation in all areas of your life, for the big and small things.
- Superb Listener - you can comprehend just as well as you speak and believe that listening is just as important as speaking
- Patient - you have a high level of patience, or the ability to control and keep your temper under wraps…whatever comes first
- Compassionate - you are not a robot. You understand human emotions, feelings, thoughts, tendencies and know how to achieve results compassionately
- Team Player - you understand that we're a family of awesome individuals working as team and a positive attitude is mandatory to success
- Winners Mindset - you are a winner. You want to win for the customer, for your team, for yourself, everyday, and for your ultimate greatness.
We're looking for people with a passion for technology, who want to have an impact and don't mind getting their hands dirty.
Are you our new full-stack superstar? We look forward to hearing from you!