Hi, we’re Hippo,
We’re a digital service design consultancy who work closely with our clients to create digital products and services that work for everyone.
People are at the centre of everything we do. We support and grow the people we work with and come together as a community to solve real world problems.
We take a common sense approach to getting things done. We do not abide by dogma. We get things wrong and that’s ok. We learn from it and adapt. We stay curious and never stop learning.
About the role.
Do you enjoy working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams? Do you have great consultancy skills? Do you care about your client’s needs and motivations? Do you love getting to the root of the problem and improving a user’s experience?
We are looking for a Service Designer to join the team on a permanent basis, so keep reading:
What you will do.
- Act as engagement lead or site delivery lead for projects and support new business activity
- Provide expert advice on the role of maps and blueprinting relevant to the phase of service delivery and ensure their value transcends the artefact to enable outcomes
- Lead collaboration with various skill sets and provide a high level of support for clients and colleagues within Hippo
- Ensure the service is inclusive, usable, technically feasible and commercially viable
- Have accountability for organisational objectives, actions and be able to assign responsibilities
- Ensure knowledge transfer will be effective to enable service delivery and that suitable techniques or methods are being used
- Where service design is taking place at a strategic level outside of product teams being able to define the classification of a service taxonomy is essential
- Be able to adapt the use of methods and tools for remote or face-to-face working
- Recruit, coach and support the professional development of a range of disciplines
- Define the recruitment processes for service designers, advise on suitability of candidates and lead recruitment interviews
- You are an expert practitioner with broad industry experience.
- You are an expert at designing services from end-to-end and leading the improvement of current services that are under performing
- You have advanced knowledge of a wide range of disciplines and are able to promote their combined offer as multidisciplinary service design teams
- You understand the main industries currently generating demands for service design and how that fits with developing Hippo's business strategy
- You have experience of defining the vision and development of your discipline
- You have experience being accountable for relationships with senior stakeholders and overcoming challenges to enable service delivery
- You have extensive experience presenting your work to clients and managing engagement with stakeholders
- You can manage relationships effectively, building long-term, strategic partnerships that involve regular and clear communication
- You have advanced experience with Agile, GDS standards and service principles
Important to know.
We have four levels of consultants.
- Intermediate consultant
- Senior consultant
- Principal consultant
You do not need to match all of the criteria above - this is a principal level role. Being able to demonstrate that you can operate at this level should be your main consideration when applying.
We work with clients based all over the country, so at times some travel may be required. Please talk to us if you need flexibility. We can’t promise to be able to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.