What's involved with this role:
The Senior Gas Servicing & Compliance Officer is responsible for leading on gas compliance across the council’s housing assets ensuring it complies with all statutory regulations, approved Codes of Practice (ACOP), official guidance standards and best practice. Key responsibilities:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- To manage the gas services team across all housing assets
- To be the responsible person for the delivery of the council’s gas services statutory compliance function, ensuring the service and work is fully compliant
- To manage the council’s approach to gas compliance and H&S risk, ensuring that monitoring and reporting systems are followed to capture, monitor and mitigate against risk
- To lead on planning scheduling and delivery of the gas servicing programme and repairs in accordance with The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1988 and associated British Standards
- To manage the day to day gas service for all housing assets, monitoring measures and escalating performance issues or compensation events to the Mechanical and Electrical Manager
- Lead on the development and maintenance of the gas servicing compliance schedule for housing and corporate assets
- To assist with the production of regular assurance reports
- To prepare and monitor the wider gas compliance risk register
- Assisting the Mechanical and Electrical Manager with procurement exercises including drafting specifications and tender documentation.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Valid Driving Licence and access to a car.
- Degree/HNC or equivalent in relevant property or building services related discipline or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Gas ACS Competency – CCN1, CPA1, MET1, MET2, CENWAT, CKR 1, HTR 1,
- Gas ACS Competency – DAH1, CMDDA1, CONGLP1
- Energy Efficiency (L1), Unvented domestic hot water (G3).
- Recognised Project Management Qualification (desirable).
- Renewable Energy Accreditation; Solar Thermal, ASHP, GSHP, Water Regulations (desirable).
- Recognised Health & safety Qualification or substantial experience.
- Recognised Quality Assurance/Auditing Qualification or substantial experience (desirable).
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver excellent customer care and have a clear understanding of how this relates to quality services and delivery standards.
- Reliable, a good timekeeper and have evidence of a good attendance record.
- Must be able to carry out manual duties in all weather.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate initiative and be able to give instruction to colleagues.
- Ability to understand detailed verbal instructions and be able to interpret written work instructions, drawings and plans.
- Trained in the use of any powered hand tools, machinery and specialist equipment associated or related to one or more of the services disciplines.
- Fully understands the principles of health and safety and can clearly identify their own responsibilities under the HASW Act 1974 and fully aware of safe working practices and risk assessments associated with the area of their expertise.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience and related training in gas servicing, inspection and compliance in both a domestic and commercial setting.
- An excellent understanding of the gas compliance requirements across Redditch Borough Council and Public Building stock.
- Experience of delivering other housing property operations or compliance.
- Three years’ experience of managing staff including performance.
- Experience of budget both revenue and capital management.
- Experience of Contract Management.
- Experience of Project Management.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Redditch RQ398516 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.