At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility. We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What's Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,000 employees and in 2019, our Group generated revenues of over $1.827 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.At ConvaTec we're transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We're aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us as a Category Manager (12 month contract) and you'll do the same.
About the role:
You'll be creating maximum value for ConvaTec through the development, execution and effective management of strategic category sourcing plans. As a successful Category Manager within ConvaTec you'll also manage the coordination and leveraging of global cross-business unit spend.
We are happy for the person in this role to be home based with travel to ConvaTec offices and Suppliers on an ad-hoc basis. A company car or car allowance are within the benefits for this opportunity, as well as bonus, pension and private health care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of Strategic Sourcing Category management Plans- the Category Manager is responsible to engage the key category stakeholders and suppliers to develop global strategic category and sourcing strategies to drive savings and value to the company.
- Sourcing - the Category Manager is responsible for identifying, selecting, and contracting suppliers.
- Supplier Relationship Management - the Category Manager is responsible for monitoring and managing supplier performance with respect to cost, quality, delivery timeliness, etc.
- Continuous Improvement - the Category Manager is responsible to identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives that will generate value through increase supplier performance or capabilities.
- While this is a Purchasing position, the Category Manager is not responsible for planning and managing purchase orders.
Key Experience and Qualifications required:
- Experience within sourcing, consulting, or a productivity improvement role.
- Experience in a FDA regulated industry desired. B.S. or B.A. required. Professional certification (CPM, CIPS (level 4 and above), EIPM) and/or MBA are highly desirable.
- Experience working with Indirect categories globally and evidence of driving strategic improvements and savings.
- Experience working within a Strategic Sourcing Environment and category management process.
- Experience working with e-procurement tools to Find, evaluate & select the best vendors to drive savings, increase value & manage risk
- Possess significant analytical problem solving ability. Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems, incorporating data gathered from a variety of sources.
- Able to proficiently use software tools to analyze data and identify and solve complex problems.
- Understands financial principles, resource planning and allocation, and the fundamental drivers of improvements across a variety of business areas.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the company using a variety of formats, presentations, emails, leading meetings, face to face, etc.
- Experience managing cross-functional and cross-business projects within a matrix business environment, including an understanding of the barriers to change and how to overcome them.
- Demonstrated ability to define a strategy and translate it into actionable plans and then manage these plans through to implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a global environment, working across borders, cultures, and languages.
- Understands how to create and apply new approaches and methodologies to solving business problems.
- Able to promote and foster new ideas and strategies among internal and external customers.
Our products make a big difference every day. So will your contribution. The work you do will mean more, because it'll make things better for your team, our business or our customers' lives. It'll inspire you to deliver to your very best. And we'll be right behind you when you do.
This is a challenge more worthwhile.
This is work that'll move you.
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
If you are an active employee at ConvaTec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "ConvaTec Internal Career Site - Find Jobs". Thank you!
ConvaTec is changing. We're transforming our business, fueled by a fierce determination to improve the lives of millions more customers around the world.
Our shared focus, and the sheer drive of our people, are giving us real momentum. They're also making us a uniquely invigorating place to work. Join us and, whatever your role, you'll be pushed and challenged every day. You'll be supported too, empowered to spark and drive change where it matters most.
We have a uniquely dynamic, sometimes demanding environment. But if you're motivated, and as focused on delivering for patients as we are, it'll bring the very best out in you. You'll never stand still. And you might just make the biggest impact of your entire career.