Cobham are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work within a team of hardware and software design engineers, programme managers, and other supporting functions, to deliver project specific goals. This would typically cover the full development cycle from requirements capture, system level design, concept development, simulation, prototyping, build, through to verification and production handover. Our production facility is on-site and we are proud to be supporting British manufacturing.
This role is based in Leatherhead, Surrey Our technology
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations. We develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas. As a Senior Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Any of the following knowledge or experience is also desirable for this role:
- Team working ability, with good interpersonal skills and commitment to project success and drive to deliver on time
- Several years of relevant Systems Engineering design experience
- Experience in devolving a system requirement to a set of hardware and/or software subsystems described by architectural diagrams and interface descriptions
- Breadth of understanding across other engineering domains, including RF, electrical, mechanical, software
- Capable of delivering Work Packages within the constraints of schedule, cost and quality under minimal supervision.
- Able to technically mentor and instruct Engineers, who are assigned to support you in the execution of your Work Packages.
- Able to communicate technical issues clearly to non-technical audiences
- An education to degree level or equivalent in equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline
- All applicants must have or be able to obtain Security Clearance.
About Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
- Development of aircraft products, particularly RF electronics technology, designed to meet airborne standards, certifications and regulations, such as ARINC, RTCA or EASA
- Communications systems, technology, protocols and standards, for example, 3GPP LTE
- Air-to-ground radio systems, technology and issues
- Specific Systems Engineering methods, such as use case modelling, state diagrams or UML
- Use of a requirements management tool such as DOORS, to perform system requirements validation, decomposition with traceability or to manage the verification of the requirements through a full product lifecycle
- Engineering management techniques such as scheduling, cost estimation or risk analysis
- System simulation and signal processing, for example Matlab
- Use of RF test equipment
- Design, coding, debugging, testing and maintenance of software, ideally for embedded applications encompassing low-level hardware interface code or higher level software designs running within an embedded operating system environment.
- Familiarity with electronic and mechanical CAD packages, such as Altium and Solidworks
- Relevant systems engineering disciplines, including configuration management, control engineering, interface control design, reliability engineering, safety engineering, security engineering
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare.